DII in progress

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Greetings all! In a vain attempt to shore up the Land Rover side of things on this BBS, I wanted to offer up my 2000 DII for your scrutiny. Here is the short list:

OME Medium Kit (no permeant winch in this Rovers future)

235/85/16 BFG AT for daily stuff / snow and same size MT on black steel wheels for trails

RUD Grip chains from Bill Burke

Hi-Lift Jack and kit

Trimmed the factory bumper a lot until my ARB gets here.

SD roof rack, rear ladder.

Dorky running boards that are coming off this weekend.

Stuff to order: ARB bull bar, LightForce 240's & 170's for the roof. CDL

I am moving the spare tire to the roof rack and making a custom aluminum box (to be powder coated black) to go in place of the tire mount on the door. It will be slightly larger than the tire and just below the rear glass giving a better view. I am going to tie into the doors electrical and mount a backup light to the box. The box will house recover gear and First Aid equipment, making access easy and relieving the door of a lot of weight. The rear area is reserved for Max, my Mighty German Shepherd. I am planning on removing all of the rear carpet (under the back seats to the rear door and having a light coat of Rhino Lining applied. I did this to a Range Rove classic and was still able to replace the carpet when I needed. Works great for keeping things from sliding around and cleaning out hair and such.

I am by no means a hard core wheeler. This is my daily driver and I try to take it easy on her. Tough trails are fun and getting away from the norm to the better camping sites are what I use the Rover for. Three day trips are about the Max. For now.

Let me know if I have made any gross errors and important things I have overlooked. Here are a couple of pics:

Last edited:

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Hard to tell, I would have to carefull drool over it, uh I mean examine it, in person. :shakin:

When is that likely to be? :friday:

One glaring omission is a video system to capture the dog and cat show.

Bill

Scott Brady

Founder
Schattenjager said:
Greetings all! In a vain attempt to shore up the Land Rover side of things on this BBS, I wanted to offer up my 2000 DII for your scrutiny.

Awesome machine! Great to see the CDL on your short list, as that makes a significant improvement off-highway.

We really enjoyed our DII, and I look forward to watching the build.

:coffee:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!
Cool another DII, and its white!!

Your build sounds well thougt out and purposeful to your needs.

If I may,
Have you considered a platform in the back cargo area? You can store your first aid and recovery gear under the platform and your dog will still have his own space. This solution would keep the spare tire off the roof and keep it on the door. If you want the weight off the door then I'd look into a swing out tire carrier and new rear bumper. Also there is a company that makes a canvas bag that you can strap to your spare tire to hold recovery or first aid gear if you want it faster than you can open the rear door. Also with a rear bumper and swing out you could also mount a storage box to the bumpe on its own swing out.

Again, welcome! Looking forward to the build and your adventures :wings:

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Greetings all - just got the CDL kit ordered from Down Under! Finally. Check it out:

http://www.amv.com.au/SeriesIIDifflock.htm

Cost me $440.00 US including (!) shipping.

I was going to go with an 04 CDL but this unit has a lot of rave reviews as does the company selling it. I'll post my install in another post if you wish.

Last edited:

Dmarchand

Adventurer
Make sure you find out who makes the solenoid. I had one of these (not the same make but same design) on my '00 DII and had to replace it. Nothing worse than taking the trans tunnel apart a few times.

Redback

Adventurer
Schattenjager said:
Thanks for the kind words!

4XLAND: I'll send you a link via PM in the next day or so. Found one for $450.

Excellent choice for a CDL as well as your Disco, nice vehicle, i have the AMV electric CDL which has been very good so far, i look forward to more info on your Disco.

Baz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles