Differences between 1993 and 1995 Montero SRs...?

adrenaline503

Explorer
Are there any major differences between the 2 years? I know the differences between an LS and SR, but not the year to year changes for the SR.

Last edited:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I think you must mean 93 and 95. For the gen III trucks, they didn't come in SR and LS packages, but rather XLS and Limited editions.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
93 is a 3.0L engine (sohc or dohc?). ~8.5" rear diff.
95 has the more powerful 3.5L DOHC engine & larger and stronger 9.5" rear diff & associated axles which are both tougher than what's on the pre-94 gen II's.

If it were my money, I wouldn't even consider a 93. 94-96SR is where my money would be. Hands down, without any doubts. :)

Only reason I wouldn't buy a later gen II (97?, 98-00) is they have the 4.2:1 gear ratios and slightly reduced the overall engine HP w/ the 3.5L SOHC engine. The heated seats that came in the ones with the winter package is very nice to have though.:ylsmoke:

adrenaline503

Explorer
93 is a 3.0L engine (sohc or dohc?). ~8.5" rear diff.
95 has the more powerful 3.5L DOHC engine & larger and stronger 9.5" rear diff & associated axles which are both tougher than what's on the pre-94 gen II's.

If it were my money, I wouldn't even consider a 93. 94-96SR is where my money would be. Hands down, without any doubts. :)

Only reason I wouldn't buy a later gen II (97?, 98-00) is they have the 4.2:1 gear ratios and slightly reduced the overall engine HP w/ the 3.5L SOHC engine. The heated seats that came in the ones with the winter package is very nice to have though.:ylsmoke:

Great, thanks for the info. Makes the choice an easy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz