diff breather

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
lionsbreath said:
A stock # would be cool and where did you run the hose to. do you use a filter? :wavey:

There is a great write up on Custom Tacos HERE.

It is a write up from WATTORA found HERE.

Also 4x4Wire has a good write up as well HERE.

The Nissan part number is 38323-C6010, and the Taco Part number is 90404-51026 Listed as a "Union" .

Hope that helps,
Wil

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Toyota PN# - 90404-51319.

This is a fitting off of a Celica, but it has the same thread pitch as the stock breather. There is a Nissan fitting that works on Tacos & 4Runners too, but I don't have that PN.

Run the rear up to the top of your gas filler neck and the front breather up to the top of your firewall. No filter needed.

flyingwil

Oh, I forgot, it goes up to the gas filler. If you replace the breather as mentioned above you can use that as the filter at the top or use a cheap fuel filter. The stock Breather once removed doesn't leave much for hose attachment and I am afraid that it would be too easily yanked off as shown in the pic below:
8.jpg

Just my 2 cents

Wil

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
flyingwil said:
The stock Breather once removed doesn't leave much for hose attachment and I am afraid that it would be too easily yanked off as shown in the pic below:

I've had mine like that for a few years with no problem.

flyingwil

BajaTaco said:
I've had mine like that for a few years with no problem.

I was hoping you'd chime in and offer your oppinion since it is opposite of mine! So the stock works out for you? Great! Why did you opt to keep the original in?
Thanks Chris!

Wil

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
flyingwil said:
I was hoping you'd chime in and offer your oppinion since it is opposite of mine! So the stock works out for you? Great! Why did you opt to keep the original in?
Thanks Chris!

Wil

I was curious what the inside of the stock breather cap looked like, so I just pulled it off (knowing I was going to be extending the breather anyway). After I saw the little nipple left behind under the cap, I slipped the hose onto it and it seemed to be a good fit. I just cranked the hose clamp down good on that rim/lip and it's been fine. I just didn't see a need to go and get/order the nissan part.

(BTW, I did route the hose up along the fuel filler to near the fuel door and added a simple VW type fuel filter (clear plastic w/paper element inside).

flyingwil

Ha! I got my Nissan part while on a trail ride with AZ TTORA. Cant complain there, so I got my part some where in the mountians at a lunch stop! I decided I was going to go with that route because A, I had the part and B, I can reuse the stock in liu of the filter.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
flyingwil said:
Ha! I got my Nissan part while on a trail ride with AZ TTORA. Cant complain there, so I got my part some where in the mountians at a lunch stop! I decided I was going to go with that route because A, I had the part and B, I can reuse the stock in liu of the filter.

Nothin' wrong with that :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94