Diesel Pajero Import

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Its can be easily done, but there is a 25 year rule for Imports here in america. I have seen newer Pajeros imported and made legal but i'd say something shady was done to get it legal. So even if you somehow registered a newer diesel Paj it could be taken from you if the wrong person came across your vehicle.

Here's a linke to the rules and laws on the subject http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/

I have a diesel Pajero but i built it myself from a Montero so it's legal and is emissions compliant.

JamesW

Adventurer
Are you able to buy a crashed one that has been cut in half,that way it's not the full car and can be imported as parts?

I think that the petrol ones are far nicer than the diesel ones,much smoother power,and better performance. I would have one if I could afford the running costs. But I guess the grass is always greener on the other side :)

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Just this past year there was something that got passed to ban certain half cuts of cars unfortuantely.

XpoNoobie

Observer
I know of a rolled diesel Pajero, if its still around in spring time, i might consider to buy it for a engine swap for my raider

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
There is tons of info out there on importing from Canada. Just Google it.

It doesn't matter whether it's from Canada or any other country; the same import restrictions apply. The only consideration with Canadian vehicles is that most of them are North America spec and importation is not a problem. I've imported from Canada and it's not hard at all, but be prepared for frustration if the vehicle originated outside North America.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles