Diesel FJ62 Land Cruiser to Aussie Ute Flatbed Conversion - Adventure Ready

dieselbigot

Adventurer
After years of ownership and deep investment it's time to transfer this amazing rig to a new owner. I intended to keep her forever and built it as such, but life changes and I'm ready to move on. Located east of Sacramento CA and priced at $65k.

1988 FJ62 LAND CRUISER - CONVERTED TO AUSSIE STYLE DIESEL UTE
FACTORY DIRECT INJECT 12HT (TOYOTA) TURBO DIESEL
4SP MANUAL (H41)
FULL 12V ELECTRICS
LEFT-HAND DRIVE
CLEAN CA (SMOG EXEMPT) DIESEL TITLE
CRUISES COMFORTABLY AT 70 MPH
AC - TILT - PW - PL
DUAL CASES W/ 215:1 CRAWL RATIO
100% TOYOTA DRIVETRAIN
35 GAL FUEL TANK, SAFARI SNORKLE, WARN WINCH
TRIPLE 5 GAL SCEPTER CANS
FULLY STOCKED SLIDE OUT SPARE PARTS DRAWER
DUAL BATTERIES, LOCKERS & OBA SYSTEM
AUTOHOME COLUMBUS ROOF TOP TENT (RARE SMALL EXTRA LONG MODEL)
HOT SHOWER SYSTEM
ARB 35QT FRIDGE W/ SLIDE
DRIFTA KITCHEN
DUAL ARB AWNINGS
2 FLATBED SYSTEMS (TUBE ROCK CRAWLING BED + ALUMINUM CAMPER BED)

Loads of photos, information and full build specs can be seen here:
https://btoothill.wixsite.com/hj62
If you are interested in discussing or viewing this rig, please use the contact form on the website above and I'll respond quickly.
Thx,
Brett

expo1.png
expo2.png
expo3.png
expo4.png

Last edited:

eporter

Adventurer
Nice work on the details. The FJ6x vent on the rear aluminum "C" pillar is a nice touch. Does it have any function beyond looking cool?

Just looked at the pics on your site, great fab work. real clean with some nice ideas & details.

dieselbigot

Adventurer
Nice work on the details. The FJ6x vent on the rear aluminum "C" pillar is a nice touch. Does it have any function beyond looking cool?

Just looked at the pics on your site, great fab work. real clean with some nice ideas & details.

Ya...that billet aluminum 60 series vent was Don's idea to tie it all in...serves no function beyond "looking cool". The fab work on this rig is extremely tight indeed. That's where the majority of the build money was spent....1,500 hours at an hourly rate adds up quick :)

eporter

Adventurer
Well it all looks great! I thought it might flip open to hold a shower or have a light inside, or who knows?!

whew...1500hours is most of a work year!

dieselbigot

Adventurer
Well it all looks great! I thought it might flip open to hold a shower or have a light inside, or who knows?!

whew...1500hours is most of a work year!

Ya...this rig was at FC Fab for over a year and with the exception of a few weeks, Don was on it full time. Bummer that the original build thread on Pirate4x4 was lost due to their crappy software....it showed all the love and details that went into it.

60Dan

Explorer
Sorry completely missed that. Love this truck, and fantastic for sale ad.
GLWS, she's a beaut!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles