Diesel BJ44: Craigslist San Diego- looks cool.

digitalferg

Adventurer
A BJ43 or 44 is my dream Cruiser. I love the mustard color too. Wish I had the money to spring for one of them.

Guy sounds like he knows a lil bit about it, but "most sought after 4 speed H55F transmission (perfect for highway speeds and great fuel milege!" is wrong. If it is a 4 speed, it ain't the H55F cause that the H55F is a 5 speed.

-Ferg-

esh

Explorer
I don't think this guy knows land cruisers.

"- 2"B" Diesel engine - 3.0 Liter 4 cylinder (proven long life, low fuel consumption motor)
- 4 speed manual transmission
-most sought after 4 speed H55F transmission (perfect for highway speeds and great fuel milege!"

2Bs are very uncommon, even worse it's 24V. It was made for 2 years. Good luck finding parts, and pray no engine electrics break.

Better to find a 12V 3B that can be easily turbo'd and gives at least a chance of getting parts in north america. They lasted for about 10 years and had a factory turbo version (13B-T).

Is it a 4spd or is it a 5spd? H41/H42 is 4spd, H55 5spd... 4spd would match 1980.

Anyways, seems like he's trying to oversell it and copy/pasting all the propaganda. If it has great compression, why not just post the numbers?

Toyotero

Explorer
That is a beauty for sure.

3nf3o23p75Od5T25Pea2h9b8cdeb61ddc1581.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Oh GOD HOW I WANT A 43 or 44... That one looks GREAT. The fancy interior and overall ultra-clean shape of the thing is un-real!!!!!!!

nice find, hope it finds a good home.

Cheers

Dave

STAGE 2

Adventurer
I went to see it. If you're looking for a trail rig its great. Anyhthing else and its pretty rough. Its been repainted and the undercarriage has been sprayed so its hard to tell how much rust there really is. The rear doors are completely rusted through on the bottom and there are several bad areas in the back of the cab and in the front. The passengers door is tweaked and there are a couple of other things as well. It seems to run real strong however and these are very rare.

toyota/at

bj44

I went to see it. If you're looking for a trail rig its great. Anyhthing else and its pretty rough. Its been repainted and the undercarriage has been sprayed so its hard to tell how much rust there really is. The rear doors are completely rusted through on the bottom and there are several bad areas in the back of the cab and in the front. The passengers door is tweaked and there are a couple of other things as well. It seems to run real strong however and these are very rare.

by any chance do you have this guys number I would really like to take a look at it. please let me know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior