diesel 4x4 box truck/camper project

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
No relation to seller/truck/etc but I have 2 Ivecos and they are awesome trucks. Parabolic springs, 6mm thick frames (basically a class 6 truck in a class 4 size).
This seems like a killer price for a 4x4 (I'm guessing converted). If I was closer to Denver, I might have 3 of them :sombrero:

herm

Adventurer
i may have to go take a look at this thing!

its going ot be early feb. before I get back down there though.

snowcat

Might have been Paul Ramer's truck...

i may have to go take a look at this thing!

its going ot be early feb. before I get back down there though.

Hi Folks, I think that this truck might have been the late Paul Ramer's truck. Paul and wife, Cindy, built an Iveco back in the mid Eighties to tour around and demonstrate his gear, that he designed and built in Golden, Colorado- Alpine Research, Inc. (backcountry ski gear). I worked as a sales rep. for them and often toured the country with him demonstrating the ski gear. The truck was converted to 4x4 in Salt Lake City but I don't know where the box conversion was done. It was part camper and the back part held gear. I've watched for this truck for years, wondering what happened to it after Paul passed away several years ago. It was a good solid runner, clever in design and used to be painted yellow. Google "Paul Ramer, Alpine Research" and check him out, he was ahead of his time designing alpine ski touring equipment. When we did the SIA trade show every year we would wear white lab coats- thus his unofficial title "Mad Scientist". The truck was usually parked in a prominent spot at the front of the Vegas Expo. center. He went to Europe several times each year and was inspired by vehicles he saw in Europe to build his Iveco. This rig would be great to build a low cost expo truck and the price looks about right for a non-computerized vehicle. Might be a good project for the right person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles