Didn’t Want to Post This One, wanted to keep it for meself, SB AK CO Cmpr, ultra rare

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Geezo, this one really hurts. For years and years I’ve looked for a nice, gently used Alaska Cabover that would fit on my K2500 HD. Really, I have always coveted these rigs and always had hoped to buy one used. New ones were way too pricey for my budget.

But heck, who am I kidding? I really can’t get up to Seattle to buy this right now, so ?????, I’m really unhappy about this, but I’m gonna have to pass on it and share it with the rest of you guys. Please help this stray find a loving new home.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/d/seattle-alaskan-camper-footer/7312161839.html
Alaskan camper 2015 7 footer - $30,000 (Seattle)

1619502897155.png

1619502897246.png

1619502897329.png
C

1619502897411.png

Alaskan camper 2015 7 foot. 2 burner cooktop. Extended cabover bed. Maxx Air Exhaust fans. Removable Jacks and plates. Boat rack and clamps. Outside shower. 12 volt outlets. AC wiring and support. Awning rail but no awning. Thetford cassette toilet. Setup by Alaskan on my 2014 Chev Silverado 2500 HD. Removable heavy duty folding steps (24" -5 steps) with mounting bracket installed on my truck by Alaskan. The mounting bracket will be removed from my truck and sold along with the steps and camper.

I have used this RV pretty lightly, entirely on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. It is in very good condition. When not on a trip to the Peninsula, I kept it parked on the street in front of my house in Seattle. I never used it in Seattle except to take it for service as needed. But the furnace did fail 2 years after I bought this camper brand new from Alaskan and so it was completely rebuilt by Evergreen RV in Seattle for a lot of money about a year ago. I replaced the so called house battery with an expensive and top of the line type AG battery less than a year ago. The Dometic refrigerator works great and always has. The Thetford toilet is great. The extended cabover double bed is very comfortable as are the cushioned seats and cushion backs in the dinette area that can be folded down to serve as a nice single bed or couch.

The camper has spent almost all the time I bought it in the bed of my truck. I only took it off once when I first bought it and kept it on a utility trailer under my carport and then only for about a month. So, the camper has had very little stress or strain from unloading or loading.

Alaskans go down the highway or backroads like a total dream and far better than most campers because the top collapses down so there is no swaying etc. No need for extra shocks or sway bars. But you do need a truck with good load capacity as the camper itself is not very light and all of us put a lot of stuff in them, so the weight adds up. My 2500 HD Silverado is plenty good enough. I think you might squeak away with a smaller load capacity truck, but Alaskan recommended against it and I took their recommendation and never regretted it at all.

Just to be crystal clear, I am selling my Alaskan camper only, not the truck I carry it in.

Attachments

• 1619502896977.png
    1619502896977.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

OverlandNA

Geezo, this one really hurts. For years and years I’ve looked for a nice, gently used AlasCabover that would fit on my K2500 HD. Really, I have always coveted these rigs and always had hoped to buy one used. New ones were way too pricey for my budget.

But heck, who am I kidding? I really can’t get up to Seattle to buy this right now, so ?????, I’m really unhappy about this, but I’m gonna have to pass on it and share it with the rest of you guys. Please help this stray find a loving new home.
uship.com

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
exactly what I need but ouch!

Does seem high.

This is another “buy it now, don’t wait for the new construction delays” price it seems, but as we keep seeing everywhere, there’s acceptable added value for gear that’s currently available. Especially with summer travels opening up right around the corner (finally).

For those who can wait a year, here is the current price of the base unit from the manufacturer:
15DA4028-E7E2-4ED8-B0A8-DD087291A3F4.png

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Whaaaat? That’s just an emoji for happy chocolate pudding, which is simply an ironic expression for a frustrated state of mind!
57DF78D0-C13E-4853-AEB8-206DB3E5A46E.jpeg

(I couldn’t find the one for happy vanilla pudding)

Last edited:
Not to be too much of a creep but this is in my neighborhood and I walk past it all the time with my dog admiring it.... Looks well taken care of

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier