Dice...... The 1978 Jeep Wagoneer

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Sweet setup!

Don't forget the factory roof rack will hold 90-100lbs, perfect for the spare if you need more room inside. Put the spare on the roof and adjust the luggage bars to the width of the tire and then lash it down to keep it from moving side to side or bouncing.
Thanks Bob! I'm looking into that.....
That oil pressure gauge is a nice feature! With the oil inside the gauge you can keep an eye on how dirty it is getting. I'd call that a benefit!
That gauge also functions as an oil level gauge!
Both good benefits of a cheap gauge!
The trans tunnel will also NEVER rust out because of the oil leaking onto the carpet above it!

I have to say amazing job - I love the old-school focus and the old picture of your dad's jeep just makes the whole build for me!

Since you have 31x10.5's and stock height springs do you get any rubbing? Do you still get lock to lock on your steering?

DGarman

What could go wrong?
I have to say amazing job - I love the old-school focus and the old picture of your dad's jeep just makes the whole build for me!

Since you have 31x10.5's and stock height springs do you get any rubbing? Do you still get lock to lock on your steering?
Thanks Pete!..... I appreciate that!.....
Dice actually has Rancho 2-1/2" springs on the front........ new stock height springs from Crown(?) on the back.....
The front clears fine with the 31-10.50s..... with no weight in the back, the stock rears are OK..... but loaded up he sits low in the rear and bottoms out easier.....
I'm going to add a set of Rancho Add-A-Leafs to the back..... raise it 1" to 1-1/2"..... and give it a little more spring rate.
I have a big box full of farkles for Dice....... electrical stuff..... vacuum stuff..... gauges..... new carb..... dash panel.... door panels..... etc...... etc........ but he just runs so good and doesn't complain about anything..... I just drive him and take him places he would've never gone with his previous owner!

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
Thanks Pete!..... I appreciate that!.....
Dice actually has Rancho 2-1/2" springs on the front........ new stock height springs from Crown(?) on the back.....
The front clears fine with the 31-10.50s..... with no weight in the back, the stock rears are OK..... but loaded up he sits low in the rear and bottoms out easier.....
I'm going to add a set of Rancho Add-A-Leafs to the back..... raise it 1" to 1-1/2"..... and give it a little more spring rate.
I have a big box full of farkles for Dice....... electrical stuff..... vacuum stuff..... gauges..... new carb..... dash panel.... door panels..... etc...... etc........ but he just runs so good and doesn't complain about anything..... I just drive him and take him places he would've never gone with his previous owner!

Just a heads up, but I threw a set of Monreo Sensatrac Load Leveling shocks on the back of mine, which adds a bit of weight capacity as well as gives a little boost. It raised my rear end about .75-1" give or take, and made it sink WAY LESS when I hook up my camper.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Just a heads up, but I threw a set of Monreo Sensatrac Load Leveling shocks on the back of mine, which adds a bit of weight capacity as well as gives a little boost. It raised my rear end about .75-1" give or take, and made it sink WAY LESS when I hook up my camper.
Thanks for the info Doc!..... I worked for Rancho in the '90s..... I've run RS5000s/RS9000s on all my trucks since then...... "riding for the brand" so to speak.
I'll look into those Monroes.....

I've heard good things about air bags, have never used them. I like that you can air them up as needed! I'm considering them for my CRD Libby.
Thanks ROKTAXI!...... Air bags have their place..... but I'm kind of an old dinosaur and I think I'll stick with springs.....
This is more or less a Retro Build.......... air bags weren't a big thing in 1978.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier