Dice...... The 1978 Jeep Wagoneer

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Also replaced the rear U-Joints..... luckily!..... this clip was about ready to abandon ship and take off on his own..... I don't think it was ever properly seated by the Previous Owner/Previous Mechanic.....
Dice always had a very small vibration..... almost not noticeable...... came on and went away.....
With new U-Joints and all the clips in their proper grooves..... no vibration at all anymore.....

The loose cup kind of wobbled out the ear of the yoke slightly..... I'll have my old friend Jim Reel at Reel Drivelines build a new shaft at some point.....

50 fiver

Love hearing about your adventures with Dice. I love my waggy, and really enjoy working on it as well as driving, I always figure whenever I replace parts, they have lasted decades, so I imagine the new parts should last just as long... (hopefully) Keep up the updates and good luck.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Dice has got to be feeling spry from all the new parts. :D
He sure does Tim!
Love hearing about your adventures with Dice. I love my waggy, and really enjoy working on it as well as driving, I always figure whenever I replace parts, they have lasted decades, so I imagine the new parts should last just as long... (hopefully) Keep up the updates and good luck.
Thanks! I'm replacing a lot of 41 year old parts..... the new ones should last my lifetime!

Bhill_teq

I seriously can't get enough. Awesome Wagoneer! And I love all of the other relic's that you have going with it. Seriously, I can't get enough. I couldn't help but notice you have the same Coleman Stove as me! That's a 425, right? The round tank is a dead giveaway. And my lantern is from 1976 - it's a 220J. Love the coolers, too! I have more than my wife is comfortable with haha. Tuned in, and can't wait to see where this goes!
Been enjoying just using Dice as a Daily Driver........ but he got called to action this last weekend!
He got to be the pack mule to carry not only camping stuff...... but also my Vendor Booth and Product to Overland Expo in Flagstaff AZ!
But wait!..... That's not all!...... He was also a main part of my Booth..... to be seen by his adoring fans.....

Loaded up Dice Wednesday morning..... got a late start at around 11:30-ish.....
It amazes me that I can pack Dice perfectly when we leave home...... but returning home we look like the Joads heading to California..... {no photos of that!}

The reason for the late start?..... At 9am I finally finished a highly sophisticated piece of mobile stereophonic equipment.....
This unit would turn out to be as popular as Dice........ or even my products!

Stayed in Williams AZ wednesday night....... {motels are cheaper than Flagstaff!}..... headed to Overland Expo thursday morning.....
Got to the site...... the excellent Staff got us to our space...... Dice got settled into his "spot" like a dog will do...... set up the booth.....
The wind was blowing about 87mph-ish..... I decided to forgo the cheap blue tarp for the weekend..... mostly because our space was on asphalt!..... water jugs and spare tires weren't doing a very good job of anchoring a tarp.....

I cooked on a Coleman stove made in the 1950s..... the lantern was made in the 1970s..... our Coleman ice chest was made in the 1970s also...... but it's hidden in the shade under Dice for good reason!

You may have noticed the "Free Candy" sign..... I had 3 "Fat 50" ammo cans full of Tootsie Rolls...... Starbursts...... Jolly Ranchers..... that was popular!
Anything to make a sale!......

This was the first time I ever slept in the back of Dice..... a thick Thermarest pad and a cheap Bass Pro Shop sleeping bag..... I slept like a baby..... well..... actually like a snoring grizzly bear....... I'm sure my neighbors thought there was a grizzly bear fighting over a caribou carcass.....

The Star of the event seemed to be the "yet to be named" 8-Track boombox!...... {I welcome your name suggestions!}..... Everyone had a cool 8-Track story..... folks were showing their kids and grandkids how "we" did music in the 1970s..... before 8-Tracks we could only listen to what radio stations decided to play.....

We listened to the Eagles..... Bob Seger..... Steve Miller Band..... Dire Straits..... Led Zeppelin..... Fleetwood Mac..... Billy Joel..... Pink Floyd..... Doobie Brothers..... and one of my All-Time favorites..... the Amazing Rhythm Aces..... who wrote Third Rate Romance.....

All in all..... Me, Dice, and the yet to be named 8-Track boombox had a great time!..... we talked to a ton of neat folks.....
It was an excellent weekend!

DGarman

What could go wrong?
I seriously can't get enough. Awesome Wagoneer! And I love all of the other relic's that you have going with it. Seriously, I can't get enough. I couldn't help but notice you have the same Coleman Stove as me! That's a 425, right? The round tank is a dead giveaway. And my lantern is from 1976 - it's a 220J. Love the coolers, too! I have more than my wife is comfortable with haha. Tuned in, and can't wait to see where this goes!

Thanks Brayden! The stove is a 425..... no letter..... works great!
Just got back from a vintage motorcycle and hot rod show..... had a great time!IMG_3017.JPGIMG_3021.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz