Diagnostic software question, LR3

medicfernando

Adventurer
I am wondering what your opinions are on the best diagnostice tools or software for an LR3. Has anyone used the RSW software? Seems pretty complete and fairly inexpensive. Thanks in advance. Fernando

SDLR3

Observer
I am wondering what your opinions are on the best diagnostice tools or software for an LR3. Has anyone used the RSW software? Seems pretty complete and fairly inexpensive. Thanks in advance. Fernando

I have not used their software but I do have the Gap tool. I highly recommend it.

Eniam17

Adventurer
Highly recommend the gap IID tool, in fact i view it as a necessity for any modern rover. GrAb one from lucky8. Not familiar with rsw.

roverandom

Adventurer
https://www.autoenginuity.com/

I've used this for years. Not bad for the $$ as long as you have a laptop or something and is not restricted to only one vin #. Read live data in several formats and interrogate sensors. Overall very good.

Can't calibrate or reprogramme with it though.

DiscoNels

Adventurer
If you have a Disco3/LR3 then there are only two clear choices for diagnostic tools. 1) Nanocom - by Black Box Solutions, or 2) GAP IID tool.

Do some research and you'll quickly see that these are the two standouts around the world.

Dplain

I know this is an old thread but if you're like me it doesn't matter when you're looking for info. Personally I bought a Nanocom Evolution but regret it. It is capable to a lot but has it's issues. Their customer service is awful. If you have a problem they are rude and insulting. I asked to return it and they simply won't respond. Many people report good success with Nanocom but several have had the same experience I had so be warned.

GORM

Adventurer
Gap x 2 million ... spend the extra $100 and get the blue tooth version. It has saved me countless times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles