DI/DII Wiper Arm swap?

Lono

Adventurer
I seem to remember being told that the wiper arms from a DI will go right on to a DII, with the benefit being that DI arms take standard auto parts store wipers whereas DII blades are vehicle-specific. Is this accurate? If so, does anyone have a set of DI arms they want to sell? :)

Busted my driver's side wiper blade before getting on the trail in the snow last weekend. Was able to get by with a Gorilla Tape fix but thought I'd do this swap if possible before sinking a chunk of change in to a replacement set of LR winter wiper blades.

As always, thanks.

Steve

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Its very much true, I've done it myself and I believe this was the kit that I used to do it: http://www.roversnorth.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=PLK9141&type=3

Make sure you tighten the bolt down underneath it or else your wipers will shudder across your windshield next time you need them. I do not know if the is a certain torque spec, but it would be worth looking up if you are particular about that type of thing.

edit/addition: You could probably just buy the arms and some 21" wiper blades of your choosing.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Might be ideal to put some medium loctite on the nuts too. I know several people(including myself) that have done this conversion and had to re-torque the nuts later on.

Lono

Adventurer
Thanks guys! Super helpful replies. I appreciate the answer to the question, the link to the one stop shopping kit, and the great tips about the torque/re-torque issue.

Very much appreciated!

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste