DeWalt 1/2" Impact with 5Ah battery: $225

PV Hiker

Observer
So it looks like I know what is going on -- PV Hiker, Did you add the free battery to your order?
If I go thru their system and fail to add the free battery then I clearly see where to enter the discount code -- if you add the free battery then the space for the discount code is gone

PVHiker, Cancel your order if you can and re-order with the free battery -- if this is what happened

Yep I messed up.... I emailed them to cancel order as they are closed until Monday. PayPal has no way to cancel order. Wonder how long the free battery offer is valid for????

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I might add a torque stick to my truck tool roll, though. Any recommendations?

When I bought mine a few years ago, HF seemed to be the best option for my needs. Easy enough to check accuracy of the sticks with a nice torque wrench, and then just leave the torque wrench at home. At HF, they come in a set of 10 or 12, in a cheap plastic clamshell case, but they seem to work OK. You could always go with stuff like Matco or Snap-On if they sell individual sticks. ToolTopia seems to have good prices and decent quality online.

shade

Yep I messed up.... I emailed them to cancel order as they are closed until Monday. PayPal has no way to cancel order. Wonder how long the free battery offer is valid for????
Now I don't feel so bad about missing the $20.

Please let us know how it goes with ToolMax. I'd hope that they could see the date of your order qualified for the battery deal, and just send you one. Even if you were out the shipping, it's still a good deal.

Heavyopp

Observer

Looks like there is a countdown timer next to the free battery offer -- at the moment it's 356 hours and change -- you have time as long as you can cancel your order before they ship

Mine was processed and shipped within 24 hours of ordering -- hopefully the weekend helps you

PV Hiker

Observer
This morning a little after 6 am Pacific time I called Maxxtool and explained what happened on Friday. The man was pretty nice and understanding and wrote up the notes and said it will be taken care of. I will wait and see when it arrives if all is good. No shipping info or order confirmation as of yet, but PayPal went from pending to order completed. It should all work out fine.....

shade

I hope so.

I used mine today to rotate tyres. That three speed switch is the good stuff. I've used a different DeWalt model without it, and I wouldn't trust it it tighten lug nuts. With this tool set on 1, it's easy to catch it on the first klack, leaving about a full turn left to finish off with a torque wrench. I saw some reviewers mention the tool not having enough torque to break lug nuts loose; they must've been rusted fast.

PV Hiker

Observer
This morning a little after 6 am Pacific time I called Maxxtool and explained what happened on Friday. The man was pretty nice and understanding and wrote up the notes and said it will be taken care of. I will wait and see when it arrives if all is good. No shipping info or order confirmation as of yet, but PayPal went from pending to order completed. It should all work out fine.....

Step number 2:
Today the FedEx truck delivered the tool, just the box, wrench and instructions. The Dewalt box was beat up pretty good. There was no invoice inside nor a 5AH battery. I called and explained what happen since Friday and the nice man on phone Monday morning took notes and I would get my battery. Today's nice man said there were no notes and a battery would be sent out to me today. I also noted that I never received any emails regarding this order. So now that step 2 is done I will wait and I'm confident it will all work out. The two people I did talk to were really nice and I felt I had good customer service. The ball just got dropped some how in the execution. Next time I will slow down and check that box that I missed seeing. Cheers.....

shade

Thanks for the updates. I hadn't used MaxTool before, and it's always a little concerning when ordering from an unknown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior