Devon D44 Discreet winch mount group buy LR3/4

jerdog53

Explorer
Just got off the phone with Justin at Lucky8 and we are looking to get a few more people onboard for a group buy on these Devon D44 Discreet winch mounts which have just recently become available again.

This is the mount.

Discovery_4_Winc_4fb4ff7b71260.jpg

Unseenone has one of these units installed and can field any questions, more pictures available on his picture thread. http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=21898

The one I have ordered will have the hoops showing on the exterior of the bumper as alternative recovery points as seen below.

ProductID4499Image01.JPG

ProductID4483Image01.JPG

There is also ones available that do not have the hoops as seen below.

ProductID4499ImageID6154.JPG

Lets get Justin to chime in here with his two cents and get 4 or 5 of these ordered directly!

unseenone

Explorer
These are very nice. I should mention, it is not simply a winch tray, it is a complete inner bumper replacement, and extremely well built. The stainless steel fairlead is optional, and recommended if you can on using non-wire rope. Otherwise, any standard fairlead will work.

Do you have a target price worked out yet?

This winch bumper saved my front end once already when it hit something. The recovery hooks took it all, with little damage to the skin.

LOMartin

In for more information.

From lucky8's website,

"Not sutible for Petrol models."

?

Last edited:

unseenone

Explorer
It works on Petrol models. There is a small notch that needs to be cut into the bumper on the left side to clear part of the AC system. It would be nice if he orders enough of them to have it made that way... but it may be asking too much.

I have this installed, that was the only issue to resolve.

You can click on each picture in that gallery. Once you bring each picture up, click it again for a way bigger version. There are pictures showing the actual mount before the bumper cover is put on.

The other thing that I felt was required was to cut a 1 1/4" hole in the bumper to access the free spool lever. This may not be important to everyone.

To relocate the relay box, you will need some extra wiring, but you can order the various bits from Warn, and the do some fiddling and not have to order or build custom cables. You could have mounted it there, but I didn't want it on the bumper. I opted for a remote, it really is handy. I carry the original control cable "just in case"

In one picture, you see a little green line on the left of the bumper. This is the line to the front end air bock. The back of the bumper has slots in it. You need to ensure you snap it all the way into the premade slots, and it's safe and sound. Mine bounced out, I didn't have it all the way in, but it's fine now. No problems as a result, just a small point.

Last edited:

jerdog53

Explorer
I was hopping Lucky8 would jump in here and quantify this.

The price is dependent upon how many of us we can get in on this. If you were to order one for yourself they are a little over $1300USD coming from the UK. Which is why I instigated this group buy.

perkj

Explorer
I was hopping Lucky8 would jump in here and quantify this.

The price is dependent upon how many of us we can get in on this. If you were to order one for yourself they are a little over $1300USD coming from the UK. Which is why I instigated this group buy.

wow $1300? You can get an ARB bumper for that much which is a much superior set up IMO.

unseenone

Explorer
That is not necessarily the price of this offering. Not everyone wants the ARB bumper, it's just personal taste. The upside of the ARB or others are additional protection, etc. the down side is additional weight, and it's big and ugly.

This is for the folks that want a hidden winch, but want something far superior to a simple winch tray.

haven

Expedition Leader
From the Vehicle Part For Sale section

"Group buys are not allowed on Expedition Portal unless previously approved by the administration. The exception to this rule is obscure or difficult to acquire items which our supporting sponsors do not carry, and that would be otherwise unavailable for purchase (for example, a widget for a Toyota LJ78 that has to be imported from Japan). When in doubt, please ask an admin in advance."

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/94123-Forum-Rules-READ-BEFORE-POSTING

Please PM me if you have contacted a member of the ExPo admin staff regarding this offer. I'll wait a couple of days to hear from you before deleting this thread.

I also have have reached out to Lucky8. If they confirm they are supporting this offer, then I'll open the thread.

haven

Expedition Leader
Justin from Lucky8 has confirmed that he supports this group buy. Since Lucky8 is a supporting sponsor, this deal fits the rules. This thread is open again. Thanks for your patience.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Not everyone wants the ARB bumper, it's just personal taste. The upside of the ARB or others are additional protection, etc. the down side is additional weight, and it's big and ugly. .

The ARB at least follows the lines/style of the LR unlike some other versions. Plus, I like my safety features to remain intact. How does this internal replacement bumper work with our North American safety systems?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne