unkwn Deuce config 4.JPG
    398.1 KB · Views: 48
  • unkwn Deuce config 3.JPG
    unkwn Deuce config 3.JPG
    323.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

tamangel

Adventurer
you can read the ebay info, just a one-off custom interpretation of the concept,

"...based on the South African Casspir APC/MPV (Armored Personnel Carrier/Mine Protected Vehicle), but it took some design features from the Force Protection, Inc. Cougar MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected)..."

Don't think it was made to dupe the spec's or protection levels of the original, if one were to exist..i.e., not built to mil specs.. Great idea/concept for those who appreciate Mil Vehicle based expo possibilities IMHO..

Mike

wjeeper

so its a fake mrap?

Yep! I looked through the ad and basically it says that she is a m35-a2 with a fake MRAP body on it for "Hollywood". My guess is it was a a movie prop.

Wonder how it would hold together off road? The body is mounted to the cab and the original springs on the bed that allow the frame to twist independently of the body have been removed...........

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
The man who owns the shop, was over on Steel Soldiers saying it was built for a movie. He talked alot about it and wanted everybodies opinion on it. Built very strong. Says he might build more if anybody is interested.$$$$

LowTech

Dirt Track Traveler
Yep! I looked through the ad and basically it says that she is a m35-a2 with a fake MRAP body on it for "Hollywood". My guess is it was a a movie prop.

Wonder how it would hold together off road? The body is mounted to the cab and the original springs on the bed that allow the frame to twist independently of the body have been removed...........

The body is not mounted to the cab. There is a rubber seal between the two.

D

Deleted member 9101

Definitely neat, and I can appreciate the work that went int it... but after riding in the "real thing"... I think I'll pass...lol.

Mustard23

when they first started fielding the MRAPs they converted some deuces to look like them for training, all the real ones got sent over seas as fast as they could make them. They still use them at some of the training locations. I have also seen them run HMMWVs with plywood armor on them. It all stops the lasers they use for training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94