Design help, quick connect over bed basket.

wingysataday

Adventurer
I have a yakima load warrior roof rack that I would like to be able to "snap in and out" of the bed of my truck. I want it to be over the bed and involve the track system although it does not need to slide. I don't want it very tall either within 8 inches of the bed? It is only going to carry gear(100lbs). I have been trying to think of a way to use Safety lock pins, http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Accessories/Husky/80235.html. Any ideas or seen anyone do this? The whole idea is easy removal and simple.

soonenough

Explorer
Not sure how quickly you need to be able to remove it, but a 3/8" bolt head with two 3/8" SAE washers fits perfectly inside the factory rails...just remove the end caps on the rails, slide the bolt/washers down to where you want them, and replace the end cap. I had two different toolboxes mounted in my bed to the factory rails with Grade 8 3/8" bolts, and they were extremely sturdy. A mount setup using 3/8" bolts and wing nuts would be quick to remove, and once the basket was taken out, the only thing left would be an inch or so of thread sticking out in 4 places.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94