Desertikon 4x4 on Iveco Eurocargo 95e21ws (from Nord Est Italy)

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
Hallo to all,
let me introduce myself my name is Enrico and I live in northeastern Italy in Vicenza.

I'm sorry but I do not speak English very well , but thanks to Google transalate I read a lot of your interesting forum (though often to smile for the translation English to Italian :sombrero:).
I want to present my project and read your impressions. H

Link to Italian forum

http://www.camper4x4.net/web/index....ew&catid=8&id=31058&start=174&limit=174#33244

Begin a new story ....

In May 2013 Buy this ...

11m6e8m.jpg

It is a cell as a Caravan with a superb finishing accessories robustness insulation .... was a prototype to show at the fair, is almost new and factory with a perfect layout for the changes that need to be placed on top of this ....

fkpbuw.jpg

It is a Iveco Eurocargo 95e21WS former Enel(national electricity authority) with 80,000 Km demonstrable by the constant maintenance by Enel in excellent mechanical condition, Euro 2 zero electronic step 3200 in my opinion a good basis for what I have in mind ......

I tried to make the idea with the help of pc ..... what do you think?

kcd2w.jpg

Some features of the project:

Desertikon 4x4
6 places in two rows Travel / bed
Step 4150
Length cell with extension to the second row 4 seats between 6,10 meters
2 steel diesel tanks 680 + 300 lt.
H2O 100lt internal and 200 external
Boat wc 40lt tank with macerator for transfer in transportable
bike rack for 2 bikes (Beta Alp 125 & 200cc)
Dometic 220V 2.5 KW Generator - Air conditioning and cabin Cell Truma Saphir
Etc. ....

I await your comments and observations.

Bye Enrico

Last edited:

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
Some tests with Paint.net

Cabin bed with ...

2wp6qvt.jpg

With double cab

2d1kz1t.jpg

I like this .... but perhaps it is better to stretch the cell with fiberglass and create there 3 or 4 places more ..

Bye Enrico

Last edited:

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
some pictures of the beautiful interiors ....

jkx4w9.jpg

solid wood ..
23uzgc7.jpg

finally a bathroom comfortable after 30 years of many contortions in vans ... :blush:

kc16x3.jpg

Bye Enrico

Last edited:

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
Here he just finished this morning I've been to see it is very nice did a really great job.

Here are the photos:

2zs64jb.jpg

My son Riccardo proud of the project

b4xapf.jpg

106c17n.jpg

15owjd4.jpg

m91552.jpg

ab475d.jpg

34yz7d4.jpg

15ro96p.jpg

Riccardo and Emma already dream of the adventure ..

33y1eyw.jpg

200uwpi.jpg

15hobdk.jpg

The circles I made them very beautiful metallic gray live

4iom6t.jpg

afj0vs.jpg

Bye Enrico

Last edited:

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
Ciao :Wow1::Wow1:

New steps forward .... ALKO chassis removed from the caravan

11id3jb.jpg

Removed the stands we've slipped under the Eurocargo ...

k13p5k.jpg

2hntnr5.jpg

Once in the garage we turned the cell ..... and positioned at the correct distance from the rear of the cabin, a distance that will serve to create the second row of seats can be transformed into the second bedroom separated from the main cell by partition wall with door.

6i5e7p.jpg

Here I modified the photo to get an idea of the proportions .....

qqzf60.jpg

what do you think guys ? we like it ?

Bye Enrico

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
The first video of Desertikon 4x4 !!! :) :) :)

I moved forward air tanks for the space you need for a ladder for the descent of the passengers (back row) and the installation of the tank Mercedes Actros 680 liters.
in the other side from the part of the driver there is the one tank Man 300 liters and space for another 200 liters of H2O to install.

foto_1__2_.JPG

exit angle.

The frame goes Iveco shortened by 15 cm and is still space to build a tripod that supports a hoist to lift the bike rack, from the sides of the frame Iveco I released two removable rails to secure the bike rack total length of 7.90 meters without a bike rack about +80 cm for use with bike rack, bike rack that will be considered external load , then 2 tables with white / red hanging.

fotorear.JPG

foto_3__2_.JPG

foto_4__1_.JPG

Bye Enrico

Last edited:

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
Well now we are talking about a 4-point subframe I thought about it in this way that I will post below.

Any advice improvement is expected and appreciated as I have no experience is the first subframe 4 points that project.

I found the web based on what I read manuals construction technique by tanker truck Australia and the USA manuals Bodybuilder Daily, Eurocargo , Trekker , Man TGM , Mercedes, Unimog , etc. + photo archive Basically everything that I've found in the last 6 months browsing .

Compared to those who have a cell based on a self-supporting military Schelter or a cell built with panels bearing frame my case has some more complication in fact my cell while being a single molded fiberglass hull nautical type is not designed for end of a 4x4 truck .

For this reason I have not trusted a subframe wiht spring that would have been vastly more simple to build , and I focused on a 4 point diamond subframe

I read about vibration and noise when the pins are stainless steel so I interposed against bushes vibration of industrial type.

24ysu14.jpg

there are infinite measures that I believe will opt for an internal diameter of 50 mm (where it passes the steel pin) with an outer diameter of the bushing on the 100/120 mm reach about 1500kg each.

9u698o.jpg

The subframe is made up of a cross to 5030x2000 mm with 4 vertices to the joints with bushings and pins.

The cross over that to create the space in height for the movement of the frame Iveco distancing from the same lot of 120mm strengthens the torsional rigidity of the subframe, it is a profiled by 120x60mm.

I highlighted with large red lines

n2ed4x.jpg

On this rests another grid subframe (in the scheme is not only sketchy to thicken lines) with profiles 60x40mm joists where the bottom of the cell, I'm thinking if you put on a sheet of marine plywood 20mm and in the interstices of the subframe close with insulation.

2ewz9yx.jpg

2vjvn9w.jpg

t8u92u.jpg

1z2hfye.jpg

1rooyc.jpg

mmvmlg.jpg

14cywlu.jpg

ves00m.jpg

2cfs6qr.jpg

wrypeq.jpg

What think about ? have any suggestions?

Bye Enrico

Last edited:

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
Here is the plan of the caravan by adding the extension to the fitting caravan / truck cab.

This will bring the space for the second row of seats and adopting the FASP bench 3 seats it turns into a double bed in a "room" separate from the main body.

(see more details click on the image with right mouse button open in another tab)

1howtw.jpg
:eek:

What do you think?

Do not be afraid to write your comments in English ..... if I do not understand google translator .... I .... something ask. :victory:
Thank you very much
Enrico

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
WOW what a beautiful interior on the trailer. It sure shows off the modern clean design.
Ivecos are great trucks and yours looks to be in new condition.
I like this layout the best
deserti.jpg
I look forward to following your build.

Enrytre

Bye Enrico
Thank you very much, in fact it is a fine example of Italian design ... made by AZ System Treviso Nord Est Italy http://www.azsystem.info/

http://www.flipgorilla.com/p/23023990364702156/show

http://www.flipgorilla.com/p/23023990364713495/show#/23023990364713495/6

I also think like you that my Eurocargo is a good basis for a RV 4x4.

in 1998, the year of birth of my truck there were no electronic-components only the ideas of Mr. Rudolf Diesel and Mr. Bosch

the base weighs 4,700 kg and the total weight of 9500 kg, the Iveco engine is 6,000 cc 210 hp but you can easily change to about 250

The width is 2430mm and after my changes will be the length of 7900mm and height of 3600mm

Bye Enrico

jbob

Observer
Very nice job so far, Enrico. I will be following this build too. You will have a fantastic vehicle when you are done.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz