Desert Tan Nikon

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Anyone seen this guys Nikon that he painted himself? I'm guessing if either Canon or Nikon offered this at an upgraded option, the waiting list would be through the roof

http://petapixel.com/2013/04/25/pho...y-desert-mirage-lizard-paint-job/#more-107431

GLVAt6F.jpg

Looks pretty awesome and it says that the paint takes 3 weeks to fully harden, but when it does, it's as hard as ceramic :Wow1:

NikonRon

Adventurer
Awesome, I love it.Can't imagine masking off all the little buttons but that is a great job that he did. Ron

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I agree, very gutsy, but damn does it look cool.

I would do it if I had the talent to paint my gear. Mine would look like a 3rd grader did it :(

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Ok the taki-cool thing has gone way way too far :)
We have been at desert warfare long enough that everything seems to come in a desert tan now

But it does look cool

RangeBrover

Explorer
That's pretty cool, have to give the guy props on the excellent execution. One big benefit is that you'll always know what gear is yours.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
The color is a bit off for me to I would have preferred more of a tan or a camo like I mentioned. Many use the lenscoats and stuff like that but that still leaves the body black. Be nice to be a little different...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

LR Max

Local Oaf
We have a Nikon D3100 here at work that is a dark red. Looks super goofy with the black lens on it.

Unless you go all in on everything, it'll look weird...which is tragic because by itself the camera looks cool but looks wrong with the lens attached.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior