DEPOSIT RECEIVED 1999 100 Series Land Cruiser - Lakewood CA. Price Dropped to $17K

wesel123

Explorer
After a long discussion with the wife about utilizing our Outback or Land Cruiser on road trips, we have come to the conclusion that its time to sell our beloved Land Cruiser. We are just at a point in our lives where extended backcountry trips are few and far between. So instead of leaving the LC to rot away in our driveway we want to pass her on to a couple or family that will truly enjoy her as much as we have. We have owned her for more than 8 years, it was the first truck my wife took a road trip with me, it was our wedding vehicle and has taken us on some of the most amazing trips and allowed us to meet some amazing folks.

Timing belt and water pump done at 88,000 miles. Currently has 162,700 trouble free miles.

Have a TON of records, just need to sort through them to get a better idea if I have everything.

Has all the factory options Factory Rear Electric Locker, Rear Air, power everything, 12v outlets galore. I also have both 3rd row seats.

So here is the full breakdown. Also, not looking to part out ANYTHING, she goes the way she sits (just in case I come to my senses and decide not to sell her).

Mechanically she is rock solid, I am overly anal about keeping my vehicles in tip-top shape and would not hesitate driving it around the world:

- Full baseline in February of this year
- New front and rear differential fluid
- New transfer case fluid
- New transmission fluid
- New Red Toyota radiator fluid
- New Front break pads (Rotors we new 4 years ago, lots of meat left)
- New Rear Rotors pads and shoes
- Recently repacked front wheel bearings (in-board and out-board)
- Brand new drivers side half shaft (with two spares ready to be rebuilt)
- New factory rubber on almost all front end suspension components, steering is very tight
- New Gas tank and fuel pump about 3 years ago

There are a few scratches and 1 dent on the rear hatch and the hood may need to be re-painted soon. Previous owner had it painted, but that was over 9 years ago due to rock chips. The factory paint on the balance of the body is in pretty darn good shape. I will post pictures of all of this below. Also the motor to the radio antenna has been removed to accommodate the Safari Snorkel. The rear hatch dent was from the previous owner, had the High-Lift get away from him. And out pups traveled with us, I had a full detail done today and I think they got all the hair but no guarantees.

Interior leather is holding up well. No rips or tears, but is staring to wear on the normal spots. Again I will be posting picture below.

As for getting her ready for the back county here is a list of all the mods (I’m sure I missed a few things).

Exterior:
- Running on 295/75- 16 BFG All-Terrain KO’s about 3 years old and about 7000 miles on them
- Full OME Lift
- OME Torsion bars, properly indexed
- New SPC upper control arms
- OME Nitro Sport shocks
- OME 864 rear heavy springs
- Slee step sliders
- Slee front diff drop
- Slee lower rear trailing arms
- Bump it Off Road full skid plates
- ARB front bull bar
- Warn 9.5 xp winch
- PIAA 520’s mounted up front
- Rear ARB bumper with tow hitch and 2 swing away tire mounts, includes 2 full size spares
- 7 pin tow set up, has 10gage wire running to power trailer battery and separate break controller line
- Prodigy break controller mounted in cab
- High Lift Extreme mounted via ARB adaptor for rear tire mount
- Dual battery set up with switch in cab
- Two Die Hard Platinum batteries
- Main is 5 months old
- Spare is 2 years old
- Mean Green 200 amp alternator
- Front Runner Gen 1 Slim Line rack with mounting track
- Dual gas can carriers, including 2 – 5gal. gas cans
- Axe holder (not yet mounted)
- 4 Light mounts with PIAA 510’s
- Extra tie downs
- Maggiolina RTT mounts
- Safari Snorkel

Interior:
- Pioneer head unit with GPS
- Garmin Montana hard mount (Montana not included)
- Yaesu FT-7800 Dual Band Radio
- Diamond NR770AH antenna
- Kobra hand held CB
- Firestick antenna
- Full PFran LED lighting
- Hatch mounted marine grade LED light to cover work surface on tail gate
- Adventure Trailer drawer (fridge and slide are mounted on top)

ARB fridge, Fridge slide & Fiamma F35 Awning not included

I have a bunch of miscellaneous parts, original alternator, 2 half shafts, original upper A-arms and so on. Also have the factory service manuals.

I believe that covers it, again I’m sure I’m missing something’s and will add them as time goes on. Also willing to deliver if I can do the drive in a three day period if buyer pays in full prior and the covers my gas and plane ticket home.

All you need to do is add some grocery’s, water and the family and she is ready to go.

Asking $17,000 boo
Please feel free to call with any questions. Thanks for looking.

Ian
562-477-3488

Last edited:

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
very nice...couple of questions

wheels spacers used?

exterior overall height?

wesel123

Explorer
Nope no wheel spacers needed. I seem to only rub a tad on the frame on the driver side in a full lock position.

And I'll have to measure it when I go home.

I did forget about the air bags. So the rear will drop an 1" or so fully loaded without the bags inflated.

Last edited:

scaredsharp

Observer
Hi,
Great rig. I have been leaning towards something newer but your truck caught my eye. I am interested. I have some questions that popped up right away.

Do you have a carfax report?
Has it been in an accident?
Is there any rust?
Can you show a pic of the paint on the hood?
Who performed the modifications and how long ago were they done?
I live in Denver. I would need to drive it back. Is it ready to go?
I have a 2 year old daughter so I need the second row seats to be complete and in good shape. Are they?
I appreciate that you keep up on maintenance. I am the same. With that being said and my ultimate concern for my wife and daughter, can you say this truck is safe to cruise the highways?
What is currently wrong with it?
Thank you.

Last edited:

wesel123

Explorer
Thanks for the compliment, this is turning out to be a crazy hard decision.

I'll just answer you questions in order.

Yes I have the Carfax report I can email you.
No it has never been in a accident
There is a small bit of surface rust on the rear axel, mainly due to mud staying on a bit to long. Zero body rust, truck has been in Utah and California most of its life.
I'll post up a pic go the hood in a few.
Half of the mods were done by the previous owner, the original life but I changed everything but the torsion bars and the front and rear bumper. I did everything else.

It is for sure ready to go, as I said before I wouldn't hesitate to drive around the world today if I could (and trust me I WISH I could)

And by second row do you mean the 3rd row of seats? If thats what you asking then I have the full 3rd row its just out so I can have the fridge, drawer and storage.

And yes VERY safe to cruise the highway.

And other that what I mentioned in the first post there is nothing else wrong.

I've been on this site for a long time, I would NOT screw a fellow Expo'er.

Last edited:

wesel123

Explorer
Here is a pic of the hood. You can see its starting to fade a bit on the bottom right and bottom left. The previous owner had it painted before and I also forgot to mention that he also replaced the windshield and they did a great job. It has never leaked since I have owned it.

I also added a few pics of the interior seats during day light. The floor mats are out because they are drying, also has a full set of rubberized floor mats.

Last edited:

scaredsharp

Observer
thank you for the extra info.
I will now propose this to my wife. She has been against something this old, but I like it so I will see what I can do.

wesel123

Explorer
thank you for the extra info.
I will now propose this to my wife. She has been against something this old, but I like it so I will see what I can do.

Just keeping the folks whom have contacted me straight, were you the one whom text me yesterday?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles