Denver area custom seat base fabricators?

ale

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone know of any metal fabricators in the greater Denver area that could help me out?

I am trying to replace a rear OEM seat in my 1999 Ford e350 passenger van with a rear Tahoe seat so that I the seats have headrests and can fold forward. I had originally intended to place the Tahoe seats on the Ford frame base, butthat was a non starter as I cannot seem to figure out a way to do that safely.

So, if anyone knows of any shops that could help me mount the Tahoe seats into the floor of my van (preferably in the greater Denver area) it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ale

On Belay

Observer
No specific recommendations but most any fabrication shop should be able to work something up. If you're particularly concerned about the safety side of things look for someone who also does cages for race vehicles or crawlers. If cost is your primary concern there are a ton of mobile welders on Craigslist all over the front range, have them overbuild it and it should be fine.

86scotty

Cynic
Call Dai at Opt Overland. He's in Loveland or Fort Collins.

How is the van, Ale? Haven't heard from you in awhile.

Reactions: ale

eporter

Adventurer
This sounds interesting. I've been looking around for some kind of base that the Tahoe style rear fold down seats (with integrated seat belt) could bolt to. Ideally a steel tube frame, with a flat bottom and flange with some nice bolt holes.

I think this would open up a lot of options for people with vans/RVs that want the ability to safely carry a belted-in passenger, but then fold the seat down for hauling cargo, etc. I'd like to use two seats in a dinette type situation, then fold flat to make most of a bed platform.

Let me know what you come up with!

eporter

Adventurer
Thanks for the links. I've struggled through viewing some of those photobucket tahoe ones before. I can't see the last two links? Can you just save the image and upload? I'm not a SMB forum member.

Fork-N-Road

Thanks for the links. I've struggled through viewing some of those photobucket tahoe ones before. I can't see the last two links? Can you just save the image and upload? I'm not a SMB forum member.

The last two links don't really add anything worth posting. One of the last two is the same as the 2nd photobucket link, he just had the flooring installed in the SMB pic. You should consider joining the SMB site as well, it seems to be more active than this site (at least for 4x4 vans).

I'm picking up my Tahoe seats tomorrow and I hope to have some install pics soon.

eporter

Adventurer
Hmm... maybe I'll join up over there. Let us know what you find with the Tahoe/Yukon style seats. Maybe the stuff on the bottom unbolts so you can bolt it to something else?
42a87b4ce9b59361ef882a4b241274cc.jpg
b116a47ca0d63706ce8c9baeb0bf3376.jpg

fire_strom

Adventurer
I did a rear Tahoe seat in my Express. I way way way overbuilt the base and integrated the stock Express seat mounts so it is 2 pins (and a few guys) to remove it. I'll post some pictures ASAP. The Tahoe was a great donor, lots of new take outs from police trucks.
-G

fire_strom

Adventurer
I just notice the pictured seats are 3rd row seats. I have the middle row seats. They are tied to a base plate and bolted to the floor in the stock configuration. Pictures still coming ASAP.
-G

eporter

Adventurer
Pics are always good! I was looking at those 2nd row ones, too. Also, did you know 3rd row seat theft is a huge thing? I had no idea.

fire_strom

Adventurer
Sorry for the delay.
-G

Attachments

• 042045C2-841E-4475-B93D-EBA606C2B77C.jpeg
    042045C2-841E-4475-B93D-EBA606C2B77C.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20041741-06F1-46DD-B139-04C831B8BAF8.jpeg
    20041741-06F1-46DD-B139-04C831B8BAF8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
  • 8BF61D19-A96A-45A4-A7EA-2AD4F5B9287E.jpeg