Democratic Republic of Congo: Lubumbashi to Kinshasa

xpdishn

Adventurer
Fredrik and Josephine,

I cannot convey enough my thanks to you both for the time and effort you have taken to post your trip. It was an amazing journey, so well written with great photos. THANK YOU very much.

At the same time that you were writing this, I was embarrassed by the crude comments from some who posted. It is beyond me that people cannot enjoy a wonderful story without poking at it, criticizing and just making rude remarks. I for one do not require you to justify your actions in the Congo. I know there is more post remarks to come and am looking forward to it.

My deepest respect goes to both of you. Thank you again.

Gary

INSAYN

Adventurer
Frederik: I can easily respond within seconds of reading this. As I totally agree with you. I completely understand you're logic in the way of working your way through a 3rd world countries.

You have been there, you have seen it, and you know what it feels like. It does appear like many arm chair travelers feel that they could do the trip better, in their own way. They may be right, they may be wrong. All I can say to them (and have) is to go do it and then do an honest trip report.

I sincerely want to thank you and Josephine for bringing this trip report to us to read in the safety of our homes. I look forward to reading any and all trip reports from your travels. Honest to the roots, no fluff, and riveting makes the read that much more enjoyable.

Oh, and English is my first and only language, and I'm still struggling with it. Thank God for spell check, huh?

-Craig

DarinM

Explorer
Fredrik and Josephine,

I cannot convey enough my thanks to you both for the time and effort you have taken to post your trip. It was an amazing journey, so well written with great photos. THANK YOU very much.

At the same time that you were writing this, I was embarrassed by the crude comments from some who posted. It is beyond me that people cannot enjoy a wonderful story without poking at it, criticizing and just making rude remarks. I for one do not require you to justify your actions in the Congo. I know there is more post remarks to come and am looking forward to it.

My deepest respect goes to both of you. Thank you again.

Gary

X2

Thanks so much for sharing. It was a great read and it's been a valuable learning experience.

Best regards - Darin

IzzyCC

Thank you...

Thank you for taking the huge amount of time it has taken to bring us along with you in your journey. I came to this forum after someone started reading your tales, and I too was instantly hooked. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking a few times a day every day for another update. I just wanted to thank you for including us in this awesome adventure - it has been much much appreciated :)

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
What an outstanding wrap up. :wings:

You obviously have read some of the many judgmental comments posted by those who like to find any reason to debate on the internet.

Ignore them.

Your trip and your written description of it was better than any trip report I have seen on this forum in years. There is no way I would have the nerve to take on the adventures you two have and I respect not only what you have accomplished but the amazing supporting relationship the two of you must have.

Well done. I look forward to any additional travels you choose to share with us.:wings:

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Another thank you!

It is evident from the following and comments on this thread that it is much more to us than a meager trip report. Any grammar or spelling mistakes were certainly overshadowed by the fact that you are a master storyteller.

Please, continue to enthrall us with your stories.

Lynn

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I am humbled to say that the wrap was done better by a person writing in his THIRD language than I could have done in my native tongue.

I am impressed by the honest and open way the report was written and have nothing but respect for these folks.

I am not sure how I would react put in their shoes, but I know I would have trouble sharing it the way they did.

Thanks for putting together one of the best stories and wrap ups I have ever read.

BCHauler

Adventurer
I just finished reading this entire adventure in one afternoon. Thank you for your generosity in sharing it with us.

The two of you have done something that very few people ever could or would. I have to admit that reading of your travails and seeing the pictures and then attempting to place myself in your shoes leaves me seriously doubting my own physical strength and strength of character.

I will no longer use the term "expedition" to describe any of the activities in which I currently engage (or even dream, for that matter). Expedition is something much more for me now.

I wish you well in all of your future endeavors. Good Health and Happy Trails.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
So how does that correlate to our adventure in Congo? The reality is: there was very little we could on the ground. We did not have the time, we did not have the money, we did not have the supplies. Time, money and supplies, all of it can be generated. But for us, at that time, it was not possible. Period.

Very comprehensive and thoughtful wrap-up. Many, many thanks to you for this and for relating your whole adventure to us. One thing I didn't hear from you, which I'm sure was just an oversight, is a sense of gratitude towards all of those people who did help you, the ones that dug you out, pushed your vehicle for miles, fixed your vehicle, acted as a medium to get funds to you to fix your vehicle, traveled long distances to get your parts, got you to the end of your journey, paid or not. Surely this is worth at least a paragraph in your wrap-up?

With respect,

David

Last edited:

Savon

Just wanted to thank you for posting this thread and sharing your adventures with the world.

I was unfamiliar with this community, until I was linked to this post in another forum. I am a heavy consumer of internet content and I have to say this is one of the most "raw" and entertaining threads I have ever read.

Just thought I should take the time to register and again, express my entertainment and appreciation.

chopperito

**** for brains
beautiful trip. really enjoyed every bit of it. some people just don't get it and never will. i will be following your next trip directly from your website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94