Delica / Hiace Bench

scuba

Hey guys,
I'm working on the interior of my Ford E350 passenger van, and love the idea of putting into it a middle-row bench from a Delica or Hiace (that swivels 180 degrees and folds flat). This would go in the "first" bench position of the van, behind the driver and passenger seats, and we the extended body E350, so plenty of room.

Any thoughts or ideas? Other than sourcing one (I think I could talk a guy out of his locally, but would have to pay a hefty portion of his Delica's value), challenges include: the folding seat is on the wrong end of the bench to be ideal, the fold flat "bed" probably still needs a mattress on it to be endurable even for our kids(s), installation.

We're spending a lot on our build, so I wanted something unique in this middle section, and the Delica bench or Sienna recliners are two of the options. (the fold-flat ability is winning so far, so let me know if you have other tips for that-- with 2 adults in the main back bed, and 2 kids in the pop top, we really need one more sleeping space for kid #3).

scuba

Any opinions on that middle row bench in general? It seems "so cool" when test driving, but I haven't owned one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles