Defender

part time nomad

Adventurer
It`s a bit of a long wait! I won`t get it untill June or July next year, but at least I can still enjoy my Range Rover sport with the V8 diesel!!!
The Defender is the one in the show room, that is being wheeled round all the dealers (on a trailer) spending just one day at selected dealers! you don`t even get to drive it.

I ordered a slightly higher spec than the one shown, I am having the" first edition model" it comes loaded with a lot of extra bits, the spec list is quite impressive.

current vehicles:
Range rover sport 2016 V8
Range Rover evoke 2014 (hers)
Defender 90 300tdi auto
80" trial vechicle with TD5 auto & roll cage
1950 series one 80" (original)
1958 series one 88" (restored)
Mercedes Vario 4x4 motorhome.......................................... Thinking about it! do I have too many toys?????

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Not sure that is an accurate assessment; they stated diesel option in 2021 in the US.

We'll see. They pulled the Diesel offering from the Velar, and seem to be shying away from the fuel source globally, as many manufactures are since VW and their Dieselgate troubles. I'll be pleasantly surprised to be wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up..

We'll see. They pulled the Diesel offering from the Velar, and seem to be shying away from the fuel source globally, as many manufactures are since VW and their Dieselgate troubles. I'll be pleasantly surprised to be wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up..

I agree; I'm praying it'll come!

JeepColorado

Any ideas as to why they put the gear selector up on the dash instead of on the steering wheel column? I get that not having it in the console allows for storage in the console or the 3rd middle seat, but why a handle selector up on the dash?

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Any ideas as to why they put the gear selector up on the dash instead of on the steering wheel column? I get that not having it in the console allows for storage in the console or the 3rd middle seat, but why a handle selector up on the dash?
On the steering wheel column, you're more likely to accidently hit it than if on the dash. There are enough buttons and stalks with buttons on the steering column.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles