DEFENDER 130 I might be selling soon

brickpaul65

Adventurer
You know, a local dealer may be willing to trade you for a new vehicle. Depending on what you were trying to get into. No sarcasm there. I could see a dealer wanting a show piece and be willing to go an LR4 for it. I had a neighbor that had an all original 1953 chevy pickup and the local Chevrolet dealer offered him any vehicle he wanted, Z06 included. Granted this was 1999.

roverandom

Adventurer
Sorry, it's only worth $10k max and falling fast. Better sell it to me quick before you end up having to pay to get it hauled away!

Yeah, that was tongue in cheek. If you can afford it you should keep it around and buy a proper family SUV for long road trips like a Ford Expedition or Chevy Suburban. Cheap to buy used, easy to own and easily replaceable..........unlike the 130.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I worked for a dealership in Colorado that took in a 1995 D90 SW on trade towards a Range Rover Sport. It was billed as a 17k original mile truck... the dealer was so fixated on stealing it for the "low" price of ~$50k that they forgot to check the carfax report. Odometer replaced at 70K miles... oops.

DividingCreek

Explorer
Based my estimate on RHD V8 127's in rougher shape coming in the low/mid 20's... but you're right without knowing more details about this one it could possibly touch 50.

By all accounts I have ever heard there are less than 100 127/130's in North America. Pretty hard to draw any parallels or statistics based on that sparse population.

Last edited:

revor

Explorer
Say it isn't so Kevin!!!
I have to say that I too have experienced life changes that are making new decisions for me... Going from Red to Blue will be tough but a good choice in the end..

Attachments

• yampa river by Meeker.JPG
    yampa river by Meeker.JPG
    711.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 2014-09-13_16-05-31_111.jpg
    2014-09-13_16-05-31_111.jpg
    638.1 KB · Views: 149

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Just got the truck back from the shop and it runs great. The guy that rebuilt the engine builds hot rod engines and has a great reputation and is very skilled. He was meticulous in the rebuild and went above and beyond. He suggested I put in a duel exhaust system because with the mods he made to the engine I am just not getting the performance that I could be with the exhaust system I have now so that will probably be getting done pretty soon as well as a few other odds and ends before I put it up for sale.

Living near the studios here in Burbank I was going to park it in front of the gate at Warner Bros Studios, there has to be some exec or actor with money to burn who wants a new toy:sombrero:

As soon as i get some of the details taken care of I'll post it on the for sale section.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Awesome rig, but you WILL BE HAPPY with the JK. Coming from someone who owns one. Nothing wrong with LR's, but def. nothing wrong with Jeeps either. Problems come in when you get rid of a landy for a toyota. That is a crime.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Well I just bought a 2015 Rubicon Unlimited so I will probably start looking to sell pretty soon but if I dont get the price I want I might just keep it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94