Defender 130/Bimoil Husky 245 Demountable Expedition Campers

Hi all,
Here are some pics of my new Bimobil conversion we have just collected from Germany.
You can see more pics on my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/adventureoverlanduk
IMG_1207.jpgIMG_1201.jpgIMG_1202.jpgIMG_1205.jpg

We now have the vehicle back in the UK with the addition of a spare wheel carrier/ bike rack.husky_235.jpg
With shots of the load bed conversion, the load bed can be lifted back onto the truck for everyday use.
20130226_155159.jpg20130226_155239.jpg

4xdog

Explorer
Wow -- that looks terrific!

What's the camper shell made from? How much does it weigh? Exactly how is it attached -- and lifted for removal?

Don

PS: Probably mounted similarly to the video on the bimobil von Liebe GmbH website, eh? Very nice. I like the separate mudgards and the clever alignment system at the rear.

Last edited:

JSBriggs

Adventurer
Very cool.

Any thought to closing up the inner wheel wells to keep road grime accumulation under the camper to a minimum?

-Jeff

Wow -- that looks terrific!

What's the camper shell made from? How much does it weigh? Exactly how is it attached -- and lifted for removal?

Don
Hi Don,
It weighs around 650 kg, The flooring of a bimobil cabin employs a 50 mm (2 in) high aluminium pipe grid frame, filled with insulating hard foam. The same with the walls, shell is aluminium, super insulated,If you take a look at www.bimobil.com there is an english version of the web page that describes the mounting/demounting of the cabin, it's very easy...rack and pinnion legs that wind down and a clever self-centering system.

Very cool.

Any thought to closing up the inner wheel wells to keep road grime accumulation under the camper to a minimum?

-Jeff
Hi Jeff!
Good point! That is what I thought till I looked under with the cabin mounted, The arches sit in a recess under the camper body...clever Germans!!

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Love it. Would you like to do a short feature on it? We can put it on the front page of ExPo so it gets more traffic.

Ray

gutidvd

First introduce myself in this forum but took several years following it for ideas.

Could you put a picture of the detail of the fuel tube from the original location to the new location ?

I want to make a demountable camper as Bimobil, but I don't know how to fix the position of the fuel filler.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles