Defender 110 build

Lets start from the beginning.

We just picked up our Gondwana Stone Defender 110 P400.

My wife will be driving this as her daily, while the powerwagon is my daily.
She is 30 weeks pregnant, due Mid September. After 24 hours, i can tell other then other LRs, there arent many capable 4x4s i would really want my baby in.
The jeeps and broncos stand on their own, but no one will be able to deny the difference in ride quality.

the p400 engine is a dream so far. Will report back with MPG and break in.

We will wait for others to continue with wheel/tire testing for fitments.

i know we want to see it on 32/33s with adjustable lift links. The wife wants to drive it around in the high position lol no go, but i dont blame her. At ride height, with the rack, it holds its own next to my 2500 on 37s.

IMG_1257-min.JPEGIMG_1258-min.JPEGIMG_1259-min.JPEGIMG_1260-min.JPEGIMG_1261-min.JPEG

John R

Lets start from the beginning.

We just picked up our Gondwana Stone Defender 110 P400.

My wife will be driving this as her daily, while the powerwagon is my daily.
She is 30 weeks pregnant, due Mid September. After 24 hours, i can tell other then other LRs, there arent many capable 4x4s i would really want my baby in.
The jeeps and broncos stand on their own, but no one will be able to deny the difference in ride quality.

the p400 engine is a dream so far. Will report back with MPG and break in.

We will wait for others to continue with wheel/tire testing for fitments.

i know we want to see it on 32/33s with adjustable lift links. The wife wants to drive it around in the high position lol no go, but i dont blame her. At ride height, with the rack, it holds its own next to my 2500 on 37s.

View attachment 598696View attachment 598697View attachment 598698View attachment 598699View attachment 598700

How does it go? I’d have reservations about towing performance with the smaller engine compared to the 3.0 TDV6 or the TDV8

nothing feels small about the 3.0 6cyl engine.

honestly, nothing felt small about the 2.0 turbos in the jeep wranglers.

modern 4 and 6 cylinder turbo/ supercharged engines do fine. 37s, armor and a full load changes things, but i bet a small family is more comfortable towing a trailer in this then the wrangler..... until v8 options come to fruition.

The defender is probably going to get a v8 just like the wrangler will.

Carson G

nothing feels small about the 3.0 6cyl engine.

honestly, nothing felt small about the 2.0 turbos in the jeep wranglers.

modern 4 and 6 cylinder turbo/ supercharged engines do fine. 37s, armor and a full load changes things, but i bet a small family is more comfortable towing a trailer in this then the wrangler..... until v8 options come to fruition.

The defender is probably going to get a v8 just like the wrangler will.
Yeah if JLR put their 5.0 SCV8 in it the Defender will be amazing. I would be less excited if it gets the BMW V8.

i had a BMW v8 in the x5 50i....bring it on if its that 4.4TT. BMS tune had that thing blasting m5s

SVR Defender anyone? static at increased ride height with factory 33s?
Rear airbag to assist in even further increased load carrying capability?

recipe for getting me into my first LR. (again, the Defender is my wifes....but she doesnt believe me?)

soflorovers

i had a BMW v8 in the x5 50i....bring it on if its that 4.4TT. BMS tune had that thing blasting m5s

SVR Defender anyone? static at increased ride height with factory 33s?
Rear airbag to assist in even further increased load carrying capability?

recipe for getting me into my first LR. (again, the Defender is my wifes....but she doesnt believe me?)
The D5 SVO project may provide some inspiration here. That had 33" Duratracs and the SC 5.0

Blaise

Congrats! Real jealous... too bad our LR3 is still doing great, we're in no rush to upgrade. Aren't the stock tires 32s?

I'd skip the lift rods, defeats the purpose of adjustable suspension and will lower your ride quality and handling.

Does the roof rack make noise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles