Dedicated Heating / Hydronics / Diesel heating thread

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
I have had a 30L Surejust Calorifier in our OKA for 8 years. It is a quality product.
I have purchased a 10L version for our new build.
We don't filter water going into the tanks, but we do chlorinate it all. We then pass it through a twin 10" system immediately before the taps. The first cartridge is a 5um sediment filter, the second is a 0.5um active carbon block with silver impregnation. This removes any residual chlorine and most surviving pathogens.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Geo.Lander

HI, trying to figure out the plumbing solution. AV have suggested a Surejust Calorifier, I think this is similar to a Truma but anybody have any experience of them? Also any suggestions around building in filters into the plumbing system, looking at initial slimline filter going into the fresh water tank, won't provide completely safe water but limited on space, then looking at a reverse osmosis filter after it comes out of the fresh water tank. Again any experience with this or anyone used something different?

I would avoid reverse osmosis, it removes all minarels from the water plus the filters and pumps are expensive. You can accomplish the same results with filters.
Regarding filters, there's a great video from unicat on water and they strongly recommend not in building filter sets inline. Go check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles