Decked system in 8’ bed

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Thinking about trying to get my work truck abit more organized. Ive been looking at the decked system a bit more, but wondering… 06 ram 2500 8’ longbed, their system fits but the drawers are about 6’ long leaving a 2’ gap at front of bed. They make a crossover toolbox to fit that gap but I have a canopy so that doesnt quite work for me.

anyone have any clever ideas for that 2’ spot??

Dont want it to become a spot where random things fall and are never seen unless I crawl up in there…Im kinda interested in a bed slide system mounted on top of the decked, but I need to do some more exact measurements to see if that still gives me enough height for big tools.

GBGCR4x4

Are you considering mounting a Bedslide like this one over the Decked? If so, let me know how that goes as it sounds interesting. As to those 2 inches back there, have you considered maybe some lights? Fitting them (of course surrounded by either rubber, wood, plastic so things don't fall down there). Perhaps 2-3 lights can help you when it's darker, and fit perfectly in the 2" space.

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Perhaps 2-3 lights can help you when it's darker, and fit perfectly in the 2" space.
It’s a 2 foot gap not inches(6’ decked into 8’ bed)… but yeah on the bed slide. Heres a smaller bed version.

My good friend made drawer for his long-bed truck. Plywood box and drawers he used skateboard bearing on top and bottom of L beams to support the drawers, he has a stop mounted to the bottom of the deck. He also has a hinge across the back of the deck top access the very back. The front of the wheel wells have supported tops to a hiddy holes same as the back behind the wheels.

GBGCR4x4

It’s a 2 foot gap not inches(6’ decked into 8’ bed)… but yeah on the bed slide. Heres a smaller bed version.

My bad!

Can you mount the drawers up tight to the front of the bed, leaving the 2' gap at the back. It would give you a lower spot to load smaller, heavier items right at the tailgate. Should still be able to reach the drawers.

Oscar Mike Gulf Yankee

bigeyedfish beat me to it. But, isn't that 2' gap for your water tank, aux battery, inverter, fridge, clothes locker, gun locker, air pump, spare tire, foul weather cooking shelf? Me, I'd build a bar up front with a big screen TV!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles