Decisions, decisions

aek50

Adventurer
Anyone have the Eezi-Awn K9 rack? Similar profile to the Front Runner but the slats run the length of the vehicle vs. horizontally across.

Glapin

@Victory_Overland Yes, I heeded everyone’s advice. I got the wind fairing, double Jerry can bracket with one gas can and one water can, spare tire holder (as I don’t have my rear bumper and swing arm. . . Yet) a couple of tie down eyelets and one of their boxes with the lockable bracket. Will probably be looking for a side awning soon too.

@Glapin nice, you'll love the rack! Of course there is personal opinion and ups and downs of each rack but I think you'll be happy with the FR rack.

I use a set of Rhino Rack awning brackets on my rack. They are strong and fit under the rack so there is no loss of rail space. I can send you a link if you wish as I went off a few other users who are using them as well.

My only downsize to my rack is that I wish I would have ordered a bit wider as I think the LR rack is a bit narrow in some aspects for some tents.

Glapin

@Glapin nice, you'll love the rack! Of course there is personal opinion and ups and downs of each rack but I think you'll be happy with the FR rack.

I use a set of Rhino Rack awning brackets on my rack. They are strong and fit under the rack so there is no loss of rail space. I can send you a link if you wish as I went off a few other users who are using them as well.

My only downsize to my rack is that I wish I would have ordered a bit wider as I think the LR rack is a bit narrow in some aspects for some tents.
Roger that, thanks! Yes please, the link would be appreciated. Yeah, my rack will be strictly a gear hauler. No RTT for me as the wife has to pee 1,000 times a night and we travel with the 7 and 4 year old two legged creatures and my 4 legged fur creature. We've been using a Napier SUV tent and thus far have been very happy. Plenty of room for the whole gang.

These are the ones I use! They have that little stop down area that fits perfectly under the lip of the FR side rails. I use the center slotted hole and the center hole mounted under the rack rail where the M8 bolts slide in. About a ten minute install. FYI, you might need to drill the side mount holes depending on which awning you use but doubtful.

You won't use the u-bolts for mounting, just the two bottom bolts.

Rhino Rack Awning Brackets

Glapin

Guys,

Thanks for all the advice. Rack came in and is installed. Very happy with everything thus far. And I had a great helper giving me morale support.

Attachments

• A3E2FCB2-A329-4BC2-89D6-841F68D1A8D4.jpeg
    A3E2FCB2-A329-4BC2-89D6-841F68D1A8D4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 12A53626-9731-4E4A-8058-DB75B6907BA6.jpeg
    12A53626-9731-4E4A-8058-DB75B6907BA6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • F4E4A7C5-8858-41C5-8F22-ED2365C339B6.jpeg
    F4E4A7C5-8858-41C5-8F22-ED2365C339B6.jpeg
    614.2 KB · Views: 44

iowalr4

Adventurer
Don’t forget about Voyager racks. I know they have changed over the years, but I still love mine. Quite, strong steel, easy to attach things (1” tube). The wind fairing really works well.

IMG_20190420_080856-X3.jpg

Silmarillion

Observer
Guys,

Thanks for all the advice. Rack came in and is installed. Very happy with everything thus far. And I had a great helper giving me morale support.
Looks great!

Do you have a 2 seat tuck? I don't think my back seats fold down like that...
Did you get the best attachment they offer? https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...mline-ii-roof-rack-mounted-bottle-opener.html
It's saved me on the trails countless times! It's the one thing I wouldn't leave home without!

Best4x4xFar

These are the ones I use! They have that little stop down area that fits perfectly under the lip of the FR side rails. I use the center slotted hole and the center hole mounted under the rack rail where the M8 bolts slide in. About a ten minute install. FYI, you might need to drill the side mount holes depending on which awning you use but doubtful.

You won't use the u-bolts for mounting, just the two bottom bolts.

Rhino Rack Awning Brackets

View attachment 514110
Victory - can you please send a photo of the Rhino awning mount attached to your FR rack? I have the same rack, but I am having a hard time picturing how/where the M8 bolts go through the rack and into this mount. Did you have to drill holes through the bottom of your slats to drop the M8 bolts through?

Glapin

Looks great!

Do you have a 2 seat tuck? I don't think my back seats fold down like that...
Did you get the best attachment they offer? https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...mline-ii-roof-rack-mounted-bottle-opener.html
It's saved me on the trails countless times! It's the one thing I wouldn't leave home without!

I do have a 2 row-er only. I’m more of a Jameson man myself so I’ll be packing some big ice cubes in my Dometic freezer, but I did just install this.

Attachments

• 0ECFB093-25B5-4A5B-A637-32136D94BCC5.jpeg
    0ECFB093-25B5-4A5B-A637-32136D94BCC5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles