Decision point

narkose

We want to be able to camp off road and are looking at an off road camper(eg. Opus 4, Off-grid trailers, Conqueror). We have a large family with 4-5 kids(depending on college attendance).
The struggle I am having is a decision on what tow vehicle to get. I have a preorder on a Rivian but no idea when they will actually start delivering.

So, I am wondering whether an LC100, LC200 or Toyota Sequoia would be best/adequate for this purpose. Or whether a different tow rig would be a better option?

Any thought from the experience on these forums would be appreciated.

tacollie

Glamper
I wouldn't want to tow with a Rivian. My buddy is selling his Rivian do to the lack of range while towing. He has a small trailer he was pulling. His range was 60-100 miles in Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. He had to get towed a couple times. Prior to the Rivian he towed the trailer with a 2005 Frontier. They Frontier didn't handle as well but he could go a lot further.

Reactions: plh

skrypj

I wouldn't want to tow with a Rivian. My buddy is selling his Rivian do to the lack of range while towing. He has a small trailer he was pulling. His range was 60-100 miles in Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. He had to get towed a couple times. Prior to the Rivian he towed the trailer with a 2005 Frontier. They Frontier didn't handle as well but he could go a lot further.

Yup. This is why I have not considered an EV truck at all. I am in Utah and some of the places I pull my trailer are too far for even my GX460 with a 23.5 gallon tank. I towed with it back from Moab yesterday and made it about 170 miles and had a little under a quarter of a tank. But there are some places where you have to drive in 90 miles each way without passing a gas station, never mind a charger, and then also have enough range for running around all weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles