Death Valley

photoman

Explorer
Spent a couple days in Death Valley trying to get some year end photography in. Light was not in our favor, Badwater is still recovering from the flood and there are no rocks in the Racetrack so it turned into primarily a scouting trip. Here are a few that were worth editing.

1. Zabrinski Point
IMG_4109-XL.jpg

2. Zabrinski Sunset
IMG_4139-XL.jpg

3. Cotton Ball Basin
IMG_4162-XL.jpg

4. Mesquite Sand Dunes
i-d74wT8g-XL.jpg

5. Mesquite Sand Dunes
IMG_4060-X2.jpg

6. Cotton Ball Basin
IMG_4177-X2.jpg

Tazman

Adventurer
Beautiful pictures. We are planning a trip through DV in May as we travel from Napa to Flagstaff for the Overland Expo. Your pictures gave me inspiration to practice my photography skills.

Thanks for sharing.

photoman

Explorer
Beautiful pictures. We are planning a trip through DV in May as we travel from Napa to Flagstaff for the Overland Expo. Your pictures gave me inspiration to practice my photography skills.

Thanks for sharing.

That is quite a compliment, thank you! May will be quite warm in DV for sure. Areas like Zabrinski, Badwater, and Mesquite Sand Dunes are all short enough distances the heat shouldn't be to bad. Sunset, sunrise, and of course night would be the best times to shoot. Get out an get shooting so you can share your progress.

MJCake1

Thanks for sharing.
Hey Taz,
We are planning a similar trip thru DV in May on the way to the Expo as well. Maybe we will run into each other. Last year we missed it but were at Toroweap the week after. I posted a video of that section just last night. Check it out so you know what we look like in case we see you on the way.
http://youtu.be/LfyS0IWO_9Q

Matt
M&M Overland Adventures

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

maxingout

Adventurer
Nice pictures. Death Valley has always been a photographic challenge to me as I arrive too late in the morning for the good light and I leave before the golden hour in the afternoon. I am going to have to camp or stay over in the area to get some good shots.

Tazman

Adventurer
Hey Taz,
We are planning a similar trip thru DV in May on the way to the Expo as well. Maybe we will run into each other. Last year we missed it but were at Toroweap the week after. I posted a video of that section just last night. Check it out so you know what we look like in case we see you on the way.
http://youtu.be/LfyS0IWO_9Q

Matt
M&M Overland Adventures

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Deal, I'm driving a 2008 GMC Sierra pulling a Kimberley.

franklantern

Craig Lathem
Good stuff Aaron! I was there around the same time, camped out west of Badwater Basin for 2 nights and 1 night at Eureka Dunes. It was dang cold at Eureka...21 :) My trip ended up being mostly scouting as well. Just didnt get positioned for the shots I was looking for.

stingray1300

Explorer
DV is my newest "favorite place". Camped there in January. Awesome time. Your pics cause me to reflect on how I can't wait to go back.

Here's a photo of another side of DV's personality (including some vehicle interest:))

Wide Part of Trail - Copy.jpg DSC_0633 - Copy.jpg

Here's a more reflective shot:

DSC_0720 - Copy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles