Death Valley & The Panamints, 2/10 - 2/12 2012 with NVTTORA

Ludedude

Adventurer
Here are the pics I took: http://www.lasvegashikes.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=29 and the following are some highlights from the album.

Charlie and I went up a day early on Friday in order to avoid the 5 AM Saturday rush hour from the other folks joining us for the weekend.

normal_DSC_1424.jpg

The high road up Pleasant Canyon

normal_DSC_1428.jpg

normal_DSC_1437.jpg

The low road...hint: don't go this way if you value your paint unless you just feel like exercising your machete ;)

normal_DSC_1438.jpg

normal_DSC_1440.jpg

Clair Mine Camp

normal_DSC_1460.jpg

World Beater Mine Camp where Charlie and I stayed Friday night and the rest of the crew met us on Saturday morning

normal_DSC_1464.jpg

Rogers Pass, elev 7160.

normal_DSC_1494.jpg

South Park Canyon, approach to Chicken Rock (sign says ATVs and bikes only and we'll see why shortly :eek: )

normal_DSC_1520.jpg

Bridge closed to full sized vehicles... ****** :confused:

normal_DSC_1524.jpg

Weight limit 3 tons. Hmm...what's a fully laden Land Crusher weigh? Talk about sketchy. Chuck was a real trooper though and we got him through without underwear staining!

normal_DSC_1549.jpg

Our home on Saturday night, the Briggs Camp.

normal_DSC_1565.jpg

Another sketchy shelf road on the West side of the Panamints, heading down to Panamint Valley.

normal_DSC_1571.jpg

The Panamint Valley with the road to Ballarat visible in the distance.

normal_DSC_1581.jpg

Top Gear Falls in Goler wash heading for the Mengel Pass. This was an interesting obstacle and as always pictures do it no justice.

normal_DSC_1589.jpg

Barker Ranch, home of the Manson family

normal_DSC_1598.jpg

Mengel Pass

normal_DSC_1610.jpg

Striped Butte

normal_DSC_1614.jpg

What a great trip. The weather was perfect, the company was awesome, the wheeling was phenomenal. No one broke anything save some minor body lacerations ;)

Death Valley is an impressive place that we merely scratched the surface of and I can't wait to get back there soon for more exploration!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior