Dead pedal install

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I really like the idea, and I've thought about buying one and modifying it with an old school dimmer switch so I can run my driving lights out on the road.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: The dead pedal is a MINOR mod to a jeep, until you have a long freeway trip--then it's a GODSEND !

I installed one of these sometime ago one of the better things I did... Great for daily driving and really great for trail rides.. Think I am gonna do one on the passanger side as my girlfriend seems to drive more on the trail than me.....

Heh Heh, I doubt that that would be near the benefits of the drivers side and you might have trouble finding a "right foot" dead pedal. it is a real good "ANCHOR" when you need a good body base for off-road manuevers !

I really like the idea, and I've thought about buying one and modifying it with an old school dimmer switch so I can run my driving lights out on the road.

The sPOD system solved that for me-

I'm amazed at how many people have automatics...

I'm afraid that the stick is just about outta the picture anymore, the new autos are far superior to the stick, especially off-road/snow/rocks/shale/hills-etc

Good day

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Frank

Explorer
:sombrero: The dead pedal is a MINOR mod to a jeep, until you have a long freeway trip--then it's a GODSEND !

I'm afraid that the stick is just about outta the picture anymore, the new autos are far superior to the stick, especially off-road/snow/rocks/shale/hills-etc

Good day
:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

I'll find out this weekend when I head out on my little trip.

And I would have to agree. The auto transmission in the JK is great. And when I want to go through some gears or select my own gear, the auto-stick option comes in real handy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior