DD with bed rack?

Kiriesh

Adventurer
For a trip this summer I had a bed rack made by a fabricator I know for my 2015 Tacoma DCSB. Unfortunately (its a point of conflict) the finished product has some issues, one of which being the fact that it weighed in well over 100lbs. Due to the way it mounts, it requires at least two people to mount it and there is a lot of struggling involved. Because of this, It won't be easy to put on and off as was the goal (put on for weekend trips, take off for DD duties). So I ask, does anyone here DD with a rack on? Its unfortunate but I don't have the funds currently to swap for a topper (what I should have done from the get-go) and I'm stuck with this rack so I'm trying to make the best of the situation.

Aaron Wasson

In the rear with the gear
I did for a long time, and will again when I get a new rack. I had a PelfreyBilt rack om my DCSB. I loved it. I dont think mine was that heavy though. I could move it around by myself and install/remove alone.

I didnt really have too much trouble with it being back there. If I knew that I needed to carry a large load, I would just remove it and reinstall later.

The only trouble that I did have with it, is that the basket in the front was a PITA when I wanted to go to the drive in movie...

seanpistol

Explorer
I have for a long time, but no longer do. It's enough of a pain to take off that I didn't want to constantly be taking it off and putting it on. There are too many times I want to get a truckful of things from Home Depot or run to the dump to constantly have it on.

You could also build a hoist in your garage to take it on and off if you have room.

GasCan

Observer
I DD with the rack on but take my RTT off.

I got this hoist off amazon.

Im sure you could mod it to hoist a bed rack.

GC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94