DC - DC low amp smart charger

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Im looking something to plug into the truck tow harness for 12V to charge/maintain a motorcycle battery.
Moto will be hitch mounted, and am looking for a simple, low amp DC-DC smart/trickle charger.

Anyone ever see such a thing?

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
The CTEK D250S Dual is the closest thing I know of but the min recommended battery size is 40ah. What is the issue that you are ultimately trying to resolve?

Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I just want a method to maintain the moto battery during long term/full time travel.

Moto batteries are not known for lasting very long, especially if not used often.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
In my experience, the small engine batteries are best served by actually charging them with a legit charger, instead of relying upon the charging system of the moto to keep them up.

That, and extreme temps can zap a small battery in a matter of weeks, or even days if not on a trickle/maintenance charger.

Bottom line, I want to get more than a few years out of a battery, and be confident the battery is 100% topped of, when I bring the moto down off the carrier.

One of its purposes after-all is a "life-raft" of sorts. Id hate to be stranded and actually need the moto, only to find it with a flat battery.

Search on amazon for "towed vehicle battery maintainer". That's what your hunting for. They sometimes call them Dinghy chargers. The big motorhome guys use them.

Edit: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...3&rh=i:aps,k:towed+vehicle+battery+maintainer

Thats for the tip :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94