Dash Ram Mount and USB hub extension

Mfitz

I finally got around to mounting my iPad mini on a ram mount, bolted into the dash tray on a '15 F150. I installed a USB hub/ extension in the tray so I don't have wires running exposed down the dash. They tuck behind the dash trim, center console trim, and stub into the little compartment in the bottom of the center stack where they plug into the USB outlets. This lets me connect my iPad (music) directly to the system without using bluetooth, charges the iPad, and lets me connect a separate charger in the dash tray for my Garmon Glo. The Glo connects to the iPad mini via bluetooth. I thought about getting a cellular Mini, but I already had this one (got it cheap from a friend) and I can avoid paying data charges every month for an extra device. I use my phone for regular on-road Waze nav, but I want to use off road apps this summer when I travel. The Mini also has way more storage, I can keep more music and podcasts, plus save more maps.

Attachments

• IMG_8069.jpg
    IMG_8069.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8070.jpg
    IMG_8070.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8071.jpg
    IMG_8071.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8072.jpg
    IMG_8072.jpg
    548.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8073.jpg
    IMG_8073.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 31

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Looks great, I use a full size iPad mounted on a RAM mount in my old fj40. Combined with an external GPS antenna via Bluetooth I haven't had the need for data either. The mounts are rock solid. I like your installation it looks really clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior