Das Bus

hitek79

Explorer
It is fiberglass. It's not terribly difficult to remove the windows. They've been in there for 18 years though, so they're definitely stuck, but they can be worked out.

hitek79

Explorer
Over the Thanksgiving break I had an alarm, stereo, and back up cam installed. I threw in some old speakers I had. A loud stereo makes the bus seem much less squeaky :)

I narrowed down the old shelves to fit around the bed, and tossed them back in.

LED lights on the bottoms of the shelves

Big *** light bar up high. I also added two more diffused lights for camp lights.

The interior is coming along nicely

Gear storage

Adding a railing to the roof rack.

I have 2 weeks left to get everything major done and functioning. Only major things left are running propane and installing the shower pan though, so I should be good on that. Plenty of little refinements I'll make along the way, but I can work on those as I see something I want to fix.

flightcancled

Explorer
Looking epic!

Did you experience any issues when extending the wiring for the backup camera? Looking to do my own install soon in my ambo.

hitek79

Explorer
Thanks guys. I had the stereo stuff done by a local shop. It was something that was easier to just pay to have it done that spend a few days messing with. I haven't even looked at how they extended the wiring, but i can check it out and see how they did it.

hitek79

Explorer
Sorry I haven't been able to keep updating as much as I'd like. We're in the process of starting to build a house. And I thought this bus was an overwhelming project. Anyhow, here's a few more pictures. I've even had it out a few times. It's working out well so far. Got me a few awesome pictures as well!

Hardcore, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles