Das Bus

hitek79

Explorer
LOVE THIS DAS BUS!

The under belly boxes I see in your pics.... did you add them? They look stock.. Is there a manufacturers sticker on the inside door or something? I am looking to put some of these on one of my rigs..

Here's a teaser on my bus:View attachment 273423

I'll do a build thread after the "big" lift is done here.... talk about liftin' dat booty! (FYI the ladder is 6' for reference.... my neighbors hate me- god bless no HOA)

I bought the bus from a guy that was trying to run wine tours with it, so he had the boxes built and mounted to hold wine boxes. They are pretty heavy duty.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
I bought the bus from a guy that was trying to run wine tours with it, so he had the boxes built and mounted to hold wine boxes. They are pretty heavy duty.

Any idea the make, model or builder? Sometimes they will but a sticker on the inside of the door. They look awesome, right size & beefy too! Any leeds would be mucho helpful! Thanks in advance!

hitek79

Explorer
Unfortunately life and work sometimes gets in the way of these projects and adventures, but I finally have the bus back in my possession after putting it in storage for a few months. I haven't had a chance up update with some higher quality pictures of the interior, so here goes. I have some trips planned this fall, but I hope to continue working on the interior this winter.

i-tKb6CCw-XL.jpg

i-sVW3tZB-XL.jpg

i-sQ6Wndt-XL.jpg

i-Hx5hQcJ-XL.jpg

r_w

Adventurer
One thing I have noticed is that on long decents it's best to take a break half way down or so because these rigs are heavy, and they get the brakes super hot. On the highway it's fine, but on twister roads where you really have to control speed, it's worth the piece of mind to let everything cool off for a few minutes and then finish to the bottom. Post a link here when you start your build!

Engine brakes are good things on rigs this big.

hitek79

Explorer
I haven't done any more work to it, but we did get to do a trip to the mountains in Colorado this summer. It's in Colorado full time now, but in storage again, as I'm working on the east coast currently.

i-rMs5Kw2-XL.jpg

i-CWvPr2B-XL.jpg

i-QkSsDFJ-XL.jpg

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Awesome Tony! Are the first two pics also between Schofield Pass and Crested Butte?

hitek79

Explorer
Awesome Tony! Are the first two pics also between Schofield Pass and Crested Butte?

Yup! We did the loop. Over Paradise Divide and back down in the Crested Butte. Absolutely incredible area. Unfortunately we only had the weekend there. Looks like we could have explored the area for a week though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke