Damper shock for Stratos seat?

kerry

Expedition Leader
Anyone have a source? I emailed Stratos but they’ve never replied to me in the past. I’m in the USA.

kerry

Expedition Leader
No part number on the damper. No reply from Stratos. I contacted Seat Shop Australia. Perhaps they will respond to me.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Took the shock out. Completely failed. Just want to confirm that the part number on the shock on your seat is for an LTSS Stratos seat? Shock on mine measures 8 1/4” on center.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Yes, the part number I gave you was for the shock absorber in my 2010 model LTSS seat.
The one you have ordered has a different part number, but it may still be suitable. I guess you will find out when it arrives. :)

I note that true to my past experience with all things Stratos, their spare parts are also stupidly over priced!

Ultimark

I too think Stratos seat fittings are way overpriced, but then again they are manufactured in NSW. Due to the driver's seat performing badly with unbelievable noise emanating from it whenever the road was anything but glass smooth, the Melbourne office in Dandenong South inspected it and agreed it wasn't great. They then manufactured another seat and gave it to me to fit myself.

At the time,I enquired about some other bits and pieces, including arm rests, left and right; which we eventually purchased. They don't stock anything, they manufacture to order, at least that is what the Melbourne office told me.

Almost six months later the replacement seat turned up, took another 3 months to get the arm rests; which work well for highway use and fold up for rough tracks where one is swinging the steering wheel constantly.

I took a picture of the latest seat, which was built this year and delivered in June, I presume this is the current numbers on their shock absorbers.

Edit: Forgot to mention this is fitted to an Isuzu 75/155 NPS, not that it should make any difference to the seat.

Stratos_Shock_Absorber_IMG_20211203_125009.jpg

kerry

Expedition Leader
Yes, the part number I gave you was for the shock absorber in my 2010 model LTSS seat.
The one you have ordered has a different part number, but it may still be suitable. I guess you will find out when it arrives. :)

I note that true to my past experience with all things Stratos, their spare parts are also stupidly over priced!
Yes. It says it fits Kab 111 seats as it said about your part number so decided to take a chance. I read elsewhere on this forum that Kab owns Stratos.

kerry

Expedition Leader
The Kab 11 shock arrived today. Slightly longer than the original but I think I can compress it a bit and install it. Body of the shock is also slightly smaller in diameter than the original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles