Damon's White JLU Rubicon

Jeepin_D

Damon Bungard
custom Tailgate Table for JLU Rubicon

Lastly I couldn't trade in my JKU with my custom tailgate table, so I removed it and just got to installing it on the new one. Similar install to how I did it on the JK, just had to find new mounting locations for the hardware. Still no holes in metal, just some in the plastic cover piece to fish the paracord supports through. It's a board of marine Starboard from West Marine, a stainless hinge and hardware from Lowe's, and some paracord. There are some slots behind the plastic cover I used to cam the paracords with a rubber and stainless washer. Just bolted the hinge straight to it as there's plenty of room behind it. I tie extra loops in the paracord to help secure it when folded, or when deployed I can hand utensils or garbage bags from them. I also have some magnets recessed into the board face that are helpful for holding knife blades in place and keep them from falling off onto feet or dogs.

Pretty clean install overall and matches the factory plastic color. It's a good option for cutting, cooking, and basic workbench needs.

I also think it's great how Jeep designed in a cup recess on the top right of the tailgate this go around.

To secure it I can either just use a single cinch lock through the middle of the 3 holes I have drilled (that also work well for sticking the handles of utensils into), or for longer travel I back that up with a Nite Ize adjustable bungee that goes to a couple loops in the paracord.

Table_closed.jpgTable_closed 2.jpgTable_open.jpgTable_open2.jpg

Last edited:

DallasJKU

Adventurer

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Woah, that thing looks mint!

What kind of mileage are you getting?

If you don't mind, can you please take a couple of photos of the undercarriage?
I'm especially interested in what it looks like between the exhaust and the rear driveshaft (where the evap canister is on the JK)
and also of the space behind the rear axle (where the muffler is).
Does it still have a rear cubby in the floor at the back like the JK?

...I'm thinking about water and gas tanks between the frame rails .. :)

-Dan

Jeepin_D

Damon Bungard
Added some more accessories from Yakima -- the LoadWarrior extension to lengthen the roof rack, mounts for shovel and Hi-Lift, and their Slim Shady awning.

Attachments

• IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 71

Jeepin_D

Damon Bungard
Got to put the JLU through some good tests at the TN Mountains Jeep Jamboree. The stock Rubicon, as expected, proved quite capable. Just some skids plate marks from skid plates doing their job, and rock rash on the wheels.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 55

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles