Dakar 2012

grimbo

Explorer
Do you know what is really annoying is that we get SBS here but they are showing it at 5.30pm so I'm still at work and my DVR won't record it for some stupid reason asrgh

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Do you know what is really annoying is that we get SBS here but they are showing it at 5.30pm so I'm still at work and my DVR won't record it for some stupid reason asrgh

I hope you at least get broader coverage than us here with NBCHD...if you aren't following the top ten riders you can only hope to catch them in background shots...oh well

zolo

Explorer
For warned NOT a RG fan...

Gordon accused of cheating...Imagine that.
Then the King of running into other cars and running folks off the road accused Peterhansel of not giving him room to pass. So he wrecked his hummer because of it. hahahahah
Hey RG why not just wait and follow on at his gate and pass when there is a chance of success and no damage to the car. That's just poor racing judgement on RG part.
I'm sorry but Gordon is a damn cry baby. I hope the Minis eat his lunch. The guy is just full of it.

Sorry to all the Robby fans here on Expo. He just irks me.

This has been a great Dakar both with the Bikes and the Cars. I love the back and forth.
Some great up and comers and some awesome rivalry's going on here. I love Dakar.

grimbo

Explorer
Finally got a chance to watch some of the SBS coverage. Wow the Minis are an awesome little package. Have been enjoying the Hummer vs Mini battle.

The locations are amazing, through the dunes, wow

NothingClever

Explorer
I haven't cared one whit about cars in the past Dakar races but have been somewhat caught up with them this year from the AdvRider "official" race coverage thread. I know nothing of RG's personality but I have to say he's a skilled racer. I'm not ready to believe the ASO accusation of unlawful aspiration though....just seems too coincidental that the stewards JUST NOW found the same technology he's been running for the past 4-6 years. However, the egg will be on my face if RG is the one lying. Anyways, may the best man win.

Wilbur

Adventurer
Gordon accused of cheating...Imagine that.
Then the King of running into other cars and running folks off the road accused Peterhansel of not giving him room to pass. So he wrecked his hummer because of it. hahahahah
Hey RG why not just wait and follow on at his gate and pass when there is a chance of success and no damage to the car. That's just poor racing judgement on RG part.
I'm sorry but Gordon is a damn cry baby. I hope the Minis eat his lunch. The guy is just full of it.

Sorry to all the Robby fans here on Expo. He just irks me.

This has been a great Dakar both with the Bikes and the Cars. I love the back and forth.
Some great up and comers and some awesome rivalry's going on here. I love Dakar.

I beg to differ about RG, he might push limits but cry baby he is not. He stands up for himself on issues!

The mini's have said first Hummers were faster at times because of suspension differences, the later claimed it was his illegal air intake. Which is all too fishy for me, right after Nasser DNF, that all this comes up. If anyone is crying this rally it's Nasser and few mini drivers (Peterhassel and Romo).

It was a crap move for hitting the biker in the river cross, and it's not bike issue? Seriously what if he ran the guy over, or knocked him down and drowned? I know I'm not only guy that cause that as complete crap.

Now I've enjoyed the battles but both trucks are built to handle differently. Mini's are basically a WRC style car and handle tight courses, and that's why on open roads and dunes they get beat. It's funny there is Toyota in 3rd that no one has really brought up either. I'm pretty sure the mini team assumed with VW gone, they would go on to be the new VW type team which they aren't.

As far as the bikes, the battle was good til they had the time giving back for the mud issue. Someone cried and then that was that.

zolo

Explorer
I agree about Peterhansel hitting the rider is total crap. That was a terrible race move with zero respect from me on that.

But RG saying Peterhansel didnt give him room to make the pass is laughable really. RG is the one know most for running into cars and not giving any room for other racers. So I have to say for him to blame P for the damage and the no room to pass just made me laugh. Cry baby might be a bit strong but really?

Dakar takes no prisoners and this year has been great in the cars and the bikes.
The whole SA deal has worked out well and I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior