daihatsu looks pretty sweet

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Hey, that's about the size of the first car I ever owned, a Fiat 900E panel van; need to find a pic.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
That thing is not much bigger then a golf cart. I think they top out around 55mph.I don't think you would ever see those here. They would not meet our safety standards.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Here's a pic. Not mine though; mine was a pannel van w/o side windows, but same color and similar interior :D
3.jpg

Here is the pannel version, but wrong color!
82Zastava850AF.jpg

Last edited:

chet

island Explorer
yes that is a portal axle! A very small one but still..... :costumed-smiley-007

Incusus

Adventurer
Cool, but they have to come up with a better name. "Mud Master C" sounds like some rapper.

Then again, put some 24" spinners on this baby.... hmm...

gary in ohio

Explorer
But by the time you get it past US rules, add the 42 cup holders, put in the NAV and 4000 watt stereo system with onstar you got a 3ton min van again.

computeruser

Explorer
Those things are pretty neat. The current crop of 2-seaters with a small bed seem pretty nimble. A couple local construction companies have them to shuttle men and materials around construction sites. They've been putting in a sound wall along the interstate around here and have had at least one at the site all year, and I've seen it navigating over and around all kinds of debris. Not sure it would be a good road vehicle for anywhere outside of the city, but a nifty concept all the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior