DAF LEYLAND T244 1995 (NJ Registered Clear Motorhome Title) $90K

vatsacom

The Back Story
My home can now be yours. NJ, USA registered. She is a RHD Manual truck imported into the US in Nov 2021 and Titled in April 2022 (I was away in India till April this year. I have owned her for 6 years. Two of which she was stranded in the UK during Covid. Bought her in Botswana Africa from a South African Pastor who lived in her for 7 years doing his missionary work. He bought it from a young British couple who bought it in the Army Auction in UK. Built her out and were on Expedition around Africa after which they sold it to the Pastor who sold to me. I shipped her to India and drove her around India for 2 years on my Organ Donation mission and shipped her to the UK with a plan to drive her to Africa on the mission but Covid struck. Now she is here in NJ on my mission to Argentina and to Australia. I am currently driving and am in Michigan enroute to NJ after driving her for the past 3 months to the Dempster in the Yukon. I switch her out into my LC200 to finish in Perth Australia while She (Gulflander) will be parked in Central NJ till next year waiting... or she can get a new owner sooner and continue to be blessed. I love her enough to let her go to help another as she helped me. Or will continue to enjoy her for many years more. THIS TRUCK IS BLESSED with good Karma.

That was the background. :)

Price: USD 90K
ODO: 85K
MPG: 13-16

NOW
15000 miles in 3 months just completed. It's been fabulous living in my overland truck in North America. Now she will sit waiting for me till June 2023 or you can buy her and make her your own. She is reliable. Been in Europe, around Africa 2 times, India 2 times and now North America. She is a right hand drive Manual truck with a clean NJ title (which she got only in April 2023)

A 1995 DAF Leyland with a 5.9 6 BT Cummins. A Great project with lots of promise. Lots of room, living amenities. Seats and sleeps 3 legally and lots more inside. Let me know. She will be in central NJ while I continue my overland (over seas) journey to Australia to compete in the world transplant games.

Priced fairly after I have seen and heard what these cost to buy now. If you disagree then please silently move on. She is waiting for just the one who sees the value. Not all. :) message with more questions if interested.

What's Inside (and Outside)
1995 DAF Leyland T244 NEW JERSEY PLATES
Right Hand Drive 5 speed Manual

For Viewing inside and Test drive Prior Appointment required.
For External Viewing: She is here - 5 lexington ave East Brunswick, NJ

NJ Clear Title as a MotorHome Imported from the UK Sept 2021.
Watch youtube video here

1. 5.9 6BT Cummins Diesel Engine 6 Cyl
2. 24 V Cab and 12V Box
3. 3x 12V Batteries charged with two Solar Panels on the roof (NEW)
4. 600 Litre Fuel Tank (450 + 150) + 100 L Water tank with filter
5. Sleeps 3 in the Camper and 1 in the Cab
6. Spacious storage garage and under dining area
7. full kitchen unit with 4 burners, One Oven, Sink
8. Hensen Hot water heater (Gas and Electric) needs fixin
9. Spacious Shower and cassette Chemical toilet and wash basin
10. National Luna 90 L Fridge needs Freon
11. 2 Mechanical suspension seats in Cab with 3rd seat at back bench
12. Full time night vision rear camera and CCTV Cameras fitted on all 4 sides
13. 2 Brand new Spare tires Michelin XZL
14. Michelin Military tires 1200 x 20 driven just 30000kms.
15. Dometic Air con in Driver Cab
16. New Suspension bushes,
17. Interior wall panels replaced Nov 2021.
18. Loads of spares for Engine and parts
19. Two working solar panels on roof
20. Brand New Sureflo pressurized water pump for internal plumbing (Sink, shower, flush, washbasin)
21. Pioneer Head unit in Cab needs be connected to speakers
22. Heavy duty winch in the front
23. Rear winch to lower spare at the back (needs service)
24. Runs great. Just finished 21k Kms in North America over a 3 month period.
25. Burns Oil and needs new engine seals/gaskets (Not head)
26. Functional vehicle and road worth. She is a project if you want to make it one
27. 86K on the ODO
28. Never used EZawn Awning
29. Washing Machine (Washer only 220V)
30. 220v living box power (shore)
31. Space for a standard 3KV 110V generator
32. Water leak in the cab that's fixable
33. 2000w inverter 220V
34. 3 leisure batteries with room for one more.

She Measures:
Height: 11.28 Ft. or 3.66 mts
Length: 25.59 ft. or mts 7.8
Width : 8.6362 ft. Mts 2.6
Current Weight: 9.5 Tonnes
Gross Weight: 11.6 Tonnes / 25573.622Lbs

Video of the inside here

Pictures here

Attachments

• 20171126_072304.jpg
    20171126_072304.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Firstly, thanks for granting me access to the google drive photos!

A couple questions if I may. (Sorry in advance, but hopefully these are questions others might have so it gets them out of the way for you! :) )

• What is the gauge wiring in the electrical system? I see it runs on 220V, which may mean that the gauge wire it too small for (safe) conversion to 120V, e.g, if I'd want to make use of shore power in the US, use US bought appliances, etc. (I'm no electrician by any stretch, but this is my understanding in digging into the possibility of converting a European RV for US soil. Perhaps the gauge standard employed in this rig is different?)

• Also, there is just the one air conditioner in the cab? I see a vent above the dining area, but unsure what that is (a heater perhaps)?...

• I'd be traveling with my three dogs, so I'm interested in the door / steps to get in as well as the passthrough. (One of my pups is ~120lb and two of them are getting up there in age, so it needs to be easy to get around.)

---I couldn't find a pic of the entry with the door open to see if there's a fold out step, or how many / steep the steps are... (Do you have a pic perhaps?...)

---Also, r.e. the passthrough: Is there a true solid floor passthrough or could one be created?... Also, could the fridge be relocated / that area easily adapted to allow access from the cab to the dining table chairs?... (I see a couple pool floaties in one pic, which are sometimes stuffed into the gaps between cab and cabin, so I'm guessing those are there for that purpose?...)

• Also, could you list the specs for the "leisure batteries" and the solar panels (Battery capacity, solar panel wattage, age of both)?... I'd probably want to install a larger system (120V), but wondering what is currently there an can be worked with.

THANK YOU!

-Scott

vatsacom

Firstly, thanks for granting me access to the google drive photos!

A couple questions if I may. (Sorry in advance, but hopefully these are questions others might have so it gets them out of the way for you! :) )

• What is the gauge wiring in the electrical system? I see it runs on 220V, which may mean that the gauge wire it too small for (safe) conversion to 120V, e.g, if I'd want to make use of shore power in the US, use US bought appliances, etc. (I'm no electrician by any stretch, but this is my understanding in digging into the possibility of converting a European RV for US soil. Perhaps the gauge standard employed in this rig is different?)
> I am not sure what guage this would be but I guess it should be no problem. I was planning to (if I kept it) use a 110v generator to power what ever US appliance I might buy.

• Also, there is just the one air conditioner in the cab? I see a vent above the dining area, but unsure what that is (a heater perhaps)?...
> Yes NO AC in the living space. Just the cab. What you see on the roof are two sky light windows. One over the dining and the other over the bedroom..

• I'd be traveling with my three dogs, so I'm interested in the door / steps to get in as well as the passthrough. (One of my pups is ~120lb and two of them are getting up there in age, so it needs to be easy to get around.)
> We do have an attachment step that is inside. I hardly use it but does exist to bring up older people up when needed
It is not a mechanical fold out step. It manual. The two holes at the bottom of the door is where it fits.

---I couldn't find a pic of the entry with the door open to see if there's a fold out step, or how many / steep the steps are... (Do you have a pic perhaps?...)
>Posted in the Drive

---Also, r.e. the passthrough: Is there a true solid floor passthrough or could one be created?... Also, could the fridge be relocated / that area easily adapted to allow access from the cab to the dining table chairs?... (I see a couple pool floaties in one pic, which are sometimes stuffed into the gaps between cab and cabin, so I'm guessing those are there for that purpose?...)
> others with this truck have built a real pass through but this does not have one for daily use. What is there is for emergencies using two independent windows back to back.on on the cab and the other on the living area. You will have to break both off and make the mod for a permanent pass through

• Also, could you list the specs for the "leisure batteries" and the solar panels (Battery capacity, solar panel wattage, age of both)?... I'd probably want to install a larger system (120V), but wondering what is currently there an can be worked with.
>
The current system probably have to be changed. For me they work great. The specs are India bought batteries about 4 years ago but I recently checked them out at an RV service store in Whitehorse Canada and they all checked out. The one solar panel is cracked when a branch fell on it. I had gone to the RV store primarily to replace that when the tech found that it was putting out the power it was supposed to inspite of that damage so I kept it.

Hope this helps. It is Priced at this point to accommodate all the upgrades one may want to do otherwise as you may have noticed prices of these things with all the upgrades would cost quiet a bit more.

THANK YOU!

-Scott
ALL ANSWERS IN LINE WITH THE QUESTIONS. HOPE IT HELPS AND MORE PICS IN THE DRIVE. CHEERS :)

ALL ANSWERS IN LINE WITH THE QUESTIONS. HOPE IT HELPS AND MORE PICS IN THE DRIVE. CHEERS :)

THANK YOU for those answers and posting the pics! (Yes, no issue with the price, just wanting to get a better handle on what you have / what would need to be done. These vehicles - registered the US - are definitely few and far apart and you price is definitely fair!)

-Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles