D.I.Y alu cab shadow awning

So im almost done building my roof rack and i started looking for awnings. I sleep in my truck bed on a drawer/sleeping platform i made. So i need rear coverage but the 48 inch ARB awning is just too small in my opinion so i started looking at 270* awnings. They are very nice, easy to setup, easy to fold back. The only thing keeping me from buying an alu-cab shadow awning is the price. Being in Canada i have to pay almost 20% more plus shipping. So after doing some research I figured I could just build my own just like I did with my bumpers, roof rack and bed storage platform. From what ive seen on pictures all i need is some 1/4 inch aluminum ( or 3/16th) 1"x1", 1"×3", 2x ( 1"x4") aluminum tube, some pipe, bolts, teflon washers and awning fabric.

If there is any interest in a full write up let me know and if people with alu-cab shadow awning are willing to help with some mesurements that would be great.

Thanks

Gabriel

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
I would love to see it and also share some design ideas I had for one..but my flip top really doesnt let me use a 270 effectively..next setup will be a 270 with rooms!

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
does that mean your awesome flip top is gone? I love that thing

nope!! shes in the parking lot at work right now!!

But once my minions grow up and start driving I wont need a fullsize crewcab anymore..and will be buying a JT (new jeep truck) and going on even MORE trips!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz