CYi5's '99 4Runner Buildup

CYi5

Explorer
Air bags work great for going on a road trip or towing, but they interfere with the spring rate when you get in the dirt and don't allow the spring to absorb like it's supposed to. They certainly have their place, but for those who want all of their spring, seems like stepping up to a higher payload would be a better option.

That said, I recently found one of my bags deflated, so i'll be troubleshooting the leak soon as I want to keep the option of inflating them for heavy loads. I'm just hoping the bag itself didn't split from the last 4wheeling trip out.

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
My bags are currently flat, one leaks out slow and is useless for the most part. Wheeling with them is a no go unless your running limit straps (I'm looking into) the last time I was out I tire the nipple off one of the bags (pass side). I like the bags but they don't work well with wheeling.

A

CYi5

Explorer
My bags are currently flat, one leaks out slow and is useless for the most part. Wheeling with them is a no go unless your running limit straps (I'm looking into) the last time I was out I tire the nipple off one of the bags (pass side). I like the bags but they don't work well with wheeling.

A

I'm thinking that may have happened to mine as well....The tubing was pretty taught to begin with. We'll see when I get the bumper back from powdercoating on Tuesday.

CYi5

Explorer
yep, from an 04 Tacoma. The two outer holes match up, the inner indented tab needs a hole drilled with one of the factory plastic plugs inserted into it.

Chadman

yep, from an 04 Tacoma. The two outer holes match up, the inner indented tab needs a hole drilled with one of the factory plastic plugs inserted into it.

Cool I was hoping those would work. wanna take my running boards off but need a little protection from the elements. I'll probably be asking you allot more questions when it comes time to really start outfitting my 2002 4runner.

Thanks!
Chad

CYi5

Explorer
Any questions will be welcomely answered. If you need pics of the mounted flaps let me know.

Gorge 4Runner

Ahemm, I do believe you are missing one of these on either the front or rear bumper of that rig. ya?
:bike_rider:

StarrXBlack.jpg

CYi5

Explorer
Final pics of the rear powdercoated. I also finished welding up the bumper reinforcement plates today which will help with downward forces in the future (namely light weight dual sport on hitch carrier.)

IMG_1701.JPG

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1703.JPG

Next up is adding a detachable swing out to get those jerry cans back in the picture.

Adventurer
WOW! thats a beaut!
You know, I was debating painting my rear bumper a silver, or battleship gray.
I was searching for a while, for pics, failed so I painted it black. Now it shows up on your rig. :Wow1: Looks pretty slick. Good job man. :costumed-smiley-007, Now I want to paint mine gray... LOL Thanks... i think? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles