Cyberland Bound - A team of cybertruck reservation holders planning to tackle the TAT!

Cyberland Bound

Cyberland Bound is a go for launch! We're a team of Tesla cybertruck reservation holders that will convoy across the U.S. off road on the TransAmerica Trail. We are independent of Tesla and we're going to evaluate the cybertruck as a next generation electric utility vehicle. We'll be engaging with the community over the next two years to gather ideas for destinations along the trail, and to design informative tests to carry out along the way. Let us know your suggestions, and maybe we'll see you out along the trail somewhere!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I am sure these vehicles are going to be very impressive when they come out. Can't wait to see the final version (I have a feeling it will be different from what Elon presented though)

Recommended books for Overlanding

Dreaming of Jupiter
by Ted Simon
From $16.63
Lone Rider
by speth Beard
From $16.23
Deep Survival: Who Lives, Who Dies, and Why
by Laurence Gonzales
From $9.99

Cyberland Bound

Welcome to the forum! I am sure these vehicles are going to be very impressive when they come out. Can't wait to see the final version (I have a feeling it will be different from what Elon presented though)
Thanks Christian! Excited to continue the planning process, and glad we have a decently long runway to put everything together...

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I suppose you have read this:

Cyberland Bound

I suppose you have read this:

Thanks for these - we'll definitely be reading through all the trail reports we can find during the run-up to launch.

rayra

Expedition Leader
ha. Great. Hope to meet you in mine, at Promontory Summit UT. I'll bring a golden beer can!

rayra

Expedition Leader
I hope I can pull it off. I didn't put my order in until Feb4. I guesstimate it will be at least 2-3 years before it's available / I can take delivery and probably at least a year longer than that. Maybe even longer, the way these things seem to go.
But a 'wagon train' of Cybertrucks will be very interesting. I look forward to it. Not yet having any Tesla, I've paid scant attention to where their supercharger network is laid out.
Nor do I know if their vehicle chargers will even accept a comparative trickle from a solar panel array. I'd be willing to try that if its feasible, even just to compare potential range extension. I have a rooftop solar panel on my Suburban already and looking to double it in the coming year. But 10A is not much.

Cyberland Bound

Hope we get a chance to see you and your truck! Delivery timeline is anyone’s guess, of course. To clarify, we don’t have the logistical capacity to expand the convoy size for the whole expedition, but we are excited to see folks at meetups along the way and to do drive-alongs for individual segments of the trail. Looking forward to it!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
We posted a new video showing the proposed off-road route of our little team. It's going to be a long two years to wait...assuming truck production stays on schedule. Always looking for ideas of the best places to stop in while we make our way across the country!
I like the visualization

Have you thought about using Rivian trucks instead? They just drove them from Tierra Del Fuego to L.A.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Cyberland Bound

I like the visualization

Have you thought about using Rivian trucks instead? They just drove them from Tierra Del Fuego to L.A.
We're trying to think of ways to include a Rivian in the team (and an electric F-150 and electric Hummer if they get built). Cost for each of those models is a concern, along with the speed of deployment of high-speed charging outside the Tesla supercharger network. We expect more high speed chargers will come online over time, but there may not be enough to make it practical by the time we launch. Given the long planning runway, we still have time to add some of these vehicles depending on manufacturing milestones and the team members' budgets and preferences.

rayra

Expedition Leader
well the Tesla charging network is getting pretty extensive (and dominant). I'd hope at some point there are converter-adapters or some sort of cross-sharing arrangement for other vehicle brands.

On the upside for me, looks like we are selling and moving out of CA before the end of this year. And for the near future moving into the Vegas area. So I'll be 250mi closer to Promontory and readily financially able to buy the Cybertruck when my turn comes up. I'll probably even get a railway spike gold plated for the adventure.