CVT Summit Series discussion

Stu2029

Matt Nooblander
I don't know what the current output is. I've only turned on the light (which is integrated into the aluminum pole overhead https://thenooblanders.com/2016/06/27/standard-vs-summit-series-cvt-tents/#jp-carousel-492) and charged my phone with the ports.

Would be pretty easy to run another 12v socket up through the same opening though. Use something like this (with a longer cord) to give you another outlet up there. http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/12v-dc-dual-power-outlet-adapter/A-p8257768e

akroedge540

I put my deposit down today on a Grey Mt Shasta Extended Summit. I had been in contact with CVT for several weeks anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new color. It looks great so I think the wait will be worth it. Thank you for the picture! ( I was told today they expect the shipment to them to arrive within a week and they will get them
Blasted out.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExploringNH

Explorer
The Summit series is really nice. I'm glad that it is now offered in gray. The lime green was a little too attention grabbing for my tastes. :sombrero:

Scoutman

Explorer
Yes, last I spoke with them the container was supposed to hit Seattle this past weekend and then it would take about a week to go through customs and get transported to CVT. I'm pushing to get it integrated the weekend before OXE so hopefully they don't run into any setbacks.

We got our Mt Rainier in today. The color is wayyyyyy off from what was posted here earlier. Much lighter. I was really hoping for the darker color.

V4FJoxbpGcNjT2giWTjDG01XnY9jpB_R-X-sZDA-82s0fYF1ccWPFDWR6KKsPKDfhvDlYvy1xvtOHil9E1kkX5C_G4RR4rADnZ8A-GjDRrnzB6-X36_5kCrmgr-ZtY8C9R0DUIAWc9DfYdReWGn9MbrTeWNdi2bwJdPOGKTg8-ap860408lOcwHAI1wwBJYUv3PZt5x7djxSohyveNm5R_DDq8urd6BLJpeWRDO-rbY93ujKRJNjbe8wv9k6rN861taHYmE-goHdnzFvaTf0dL4F_moWluozvBAqOhdDmVpZgLeFQodatrAPwhflYvHD3-OLGKZg8b6PiQKJSFyDbXe1VbxnRJD2dPzpIcy0kobcmq_APBu87DnPaIGIfBbZ31L-1L7cB5OBPrgFjgxMd1M4PcF0xdNQm7EO9Ys4xYLCjd5goEjFGhO9-gjrPxqvXWBohccAVfuCZZXtvJTVX7IJm629WilaN23FtfkFIHCqlM6_IDMjg3mBAhLwZhpmjDtYu9LVwGCzfL6ZIGzWX92A4qe4YibU2k7_YcP7J2dvhtcuYxIVuDIGmBOR6YUJzD7kBkAjyxkbc_1alwQP6mYQiS8zortNKPZPJMmGzy-98OxZ9g=w1560-h878-no

Scoutman

Explorer
Very cool. Who knows why the color difference came in like that. Could be difference in cameras/cell phones, lighting, etc. It looks great.

I got the call last week that they had come in but have been playing games with my credit card company since every time we try to put the payment in it kicks a fraudulent charge detected which is common for large $ out of the norm purchases.

Got all that straightened out today and hope to see it early next week.

Very cool. Who knows why the color difference came in like that. Could be difference in cameras/cell phones, lighting, etc. It looks great.

I got the call last week that they had come in but have been playing games with my credit card company since every time we try to put the payment in it kicks a fraudulent charge detected which is common for large $ out of the norm purchases.

Got all that straightened out today and hope to see it early next week.

It does look good, but the darker version wouldve looked much better with our setup. Not mad by any means. I did reach out to Megan @ CVT to see if they knew of any discrepancies in the color from what was ordered versus shipped.

ZblPLIGjlf883MOVJUUIhdIOBV_lMxpWiSc5lefWaQYgVr2xE_8o93fE7zRi__JPCkww7f1C9aBTFOIWIGtoBcY-ojyZj2xrfrZomJxhx3r3Z3y6KOozdPBTDmJ82GvU4_M22SKtGb360FHBleu6nVWXsOq-QCs-Qs3f-Nl6irM70xjxKB50a4Cm8HVXm8lhJvxpq8Iunn53xIBByVcBSkaZRJIC3VfmziwHekO4d0fZva5miU6XfRhv37smK1vSDvCAE7LywYcZtdqkXiwrMvPLICmqi2Pz89Mg7w9hsBIE5a5WHWxrg-ogItOLtbEpvovaXw5v_rEzeF-6WOpHSIadjEGwuLTVjDjacZgkcWK3JqxkQ1ytWV-WWXQrBUPJ8Z3qRMl_cELC0FQ0d3ghFWBm-22ToS-peuQZdwGy0CkYI_zlncRs8jVY-zXkKe8f0Xy9sOZ18UAuWESaqkrcTEDMDD--2eSMXL5DTKNoeIayFfHMHpJduUUeuIPFpe--6M6nOVcNqQgJLteFCYbVwKet_GPSg4l0wIKW5O2oLtXppHnDk7dyQpSbg5uv-S4FGLendVyYLOxuAuUwMreYkaZGyVTMNaLXsYRWYt_eU9ChaKxDew=w1560-h878-no

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I've been keeping in touch with CVT and had a few updates to post. This should be the first picture of a grey summit series posted online. Directly from the source and it looks awesome! :ylsmoke:

Looks like the new ETA is mid September. The container is loaded up and on it's way stateside which means I'm kicking my bed rack fabrication into high gear. :smiley_drive: I'll start a thread on that build shortly.

View attachment 360520

I had also called to clarify where the electrical ran out of the tent and received this picture. So it's not hard wired in it just has an extension cord on it with a 12v power plug on it. Easy enough I guess.

View attachment 360521

That's really nice looking. Wish we had waited.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
It does look good, but the darker version wouldve looked much better with our setup. Not mad by any means. I did reach out to Megan @ CVT to see if they knew of any discrepancies in the color from what was ordered versus shipped.

Unfortunately your photo(s) are not coming through on the forum. Can you check the permissions or share from a different site (Flickr, etc).

Scoutman

Explorer
It has arrived!

Tent delivered yesterday and wow is that a heavy box. 320# total. After dad and I got it out of the truck and onto the ground we were able to pull lots of weight out of it in annex, ladders, brackets, stakes, etc. It was dark so I didn't take any pictures of it unfolded..

I used my truck camper dolly to set it on and be able to roll it around till we can finish the rack. The gray is lighter than I expected but still looks really nice. Ended up getting a stargazer model which is ok. I had ruled that option out since I was originally told that there wasn't screen in the roof of the tent. Turns out there is. It's clear plastic on the rainfly, and then a screen and a canvas zippered flap on the tent portion. Extra ventilation is good. I don't recall if the screen unzips or not. The mattress is that funky yellow-ish brown color.

Here's a few shots from yesterday after getting things unboxed and inspected.

IMG_20160920_065001527 (Medium).jpg IMG_20160920_064924251 (Medium).jpg IMG_20160919_115230692_HDR (Medium).jpg

Scoutman

Explorer
Have spent all weekend working on the truck rack and got the tent prepped to go on this evening hopefully.

Peeling the blue film off that's to protect the diamond tread floor. I took an exacto knife around the perimeter of the floor so the film would come off clean.
d74142b8945d771cad1302915eb595e0.jpg

Opened like a book and getting mounting rails bolted on.
fc35cca6ab0b22ed1a7cd79c8bc839b8.jpg

Mounted the extra rail that will hold the annex on without removing the cover. I had to cut about 3/8" off one end so it would fit within the frame.
4f2696fdfc8254cff66fad85a8d58248.jpg

And a shot of the rack its going on.
5a98e784316f00a8ccc5561695a828a3.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
I've got 25+ nights in out Mt. Bachelor I purchased on a group buy a couple years back and have been really impressed. 20 of those nights it has poured and so far zero leaks and the tent has held up well in the wind.

It looks like CVT has done a nice job with this updated series but for my use I can't justify the extra weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you keep it folded up when stored or unfolded? How has the seam seal weathered?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles