CVT Summit Series discussion

It used to be available as an accessory but their website is a hot mess now trying to look cool but it is horrible to actually quickly find anything.

Seriously. I can barely view the site on my desktop, and the phone is just about impossible. They’re trying to be too fancy with spinning pictures and stuff that moves when you try to scroll.

roving1

Seriously. I can barely view the site on my desktop, and the phone is just about impossible. They’re trying to be too fancy with spinning pictures and stuff that moves when you try to scroll.
LOL . I had a window open at 80% size on my desktop and after a full 30 seconds clicking around trying to find the products I gave up and only when I put the window to 100% did the products menu actually appear. Hot garbage.

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
I am curious the annex looks different then mine. Did they redesign the bottom of the doors so they actually zip closed? My annex and tent doors have no way to securely close and it is the number 2 thing I dislike about my CVT. Wind just blows right through on mine as there is nothing but gravity holing the bottom of the door closed.

No the doors don't zip on the bottom, it's just Velcro, which I imagine is what you have?

roving1

No the doors don't zip on the bottom, it's just Velcro, which I imagine is what you have?
Wow that would be nice. Mine has absolutey nothing. Worst feature of the annex and tent. Wind just blows right through. Bottom of the windows for the front and rear of tent and all four annex doors has zilch. Mine is a couple of years older so I was wondering if they had figured that out yet.

Teamoatmealpie

Observer
I've got about 130+ nights in my Mt.Rainer Summit, love it.

I have been eyeballing the cold weather cover as well to extend our camp season, as well as provide additional rain coverage.

Putting away any tent wet is a no no. And as you know we get our share of rain up here in the PacNW, so getting a day to dry it out could be several days away. Figured the cover will take the brunt of rain/snow, strip it off just prior to folding up.

IMG_E3549 (2).JPG

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
If there is anyone that bought the cover and thinks it is not worth it let me know.
Im still on the fence about buying one.
Have not had my tent in the rain or snow yet...

1577040959723.png

roving1

If the doors velcro closed I would say it is not worth it. I have had my tent in 45MPH blizzards and single digit temps.

Trying to close the tent and seal the doors from air is the only issue I have ever had. I would make an interior liner if you are after more insulation.

Really cold temps I have condensation and freezing on the inner surface. I don't think this would solve that and would maybe make it worse.

Also even in winter I occasionally want to open the windows. Can't do that with this. Or rather there is no opening if you do ope the window.

For rain I am not sure how useful this would be. I see the logic of just getting the tent cover wet so you can put away a drier tent. But I think it's more theoretical than practical. You lose a lot of your ventilation capabilities with this. I think the outside might be dry but the inside will probably be wet with condensation.

Last edited:

Teamoatmealpie

Observer
I've got about 130+ nights in my Mt.Rainer Summit, love it.

I have been eyeballing the cold weather cover as well to extend our camp season, as well as provide additional rain coverage.

Putting away any tent wet is a no no. And as you know we get our share of rain up here in the PacNW, so getting a day to dry it out could be several days away. Figured the cover will take the brunt of rain/snow, strip it off just prior to folding up.

View attachment 553784
@cvttents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles