CVT Seam Tape Failure?

green73brc

Observer
Has anyone had seam tape failure with their CVT RTT? I was getting some things ready for this season and noticed that the taped seams were starting to bubble up in a few sections. I am going to do a more thorough inspection when it is not raining. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

RubiChris

Observer
I haven't either but I need to deploy it to install the condensation mat. I'll make sure to give the seam tape a good lookover.

V5ioV

Has anyone had seam tape failure with their CVT RTT? I was getting some things ready for this season and noticed that the taped seams were starting to bubble up in a few sections. I am going to do a more thorough inspection when it is not raining. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Got pics?
Nope, but man do I hate mold... this PNW weather is killing my tent.
Do you use your tent a lot? If not, its good to air it out once in a while. And definitely air it dry if you are using it on rainy days or after you had alot of condensation when you get home and before you stow it away...

concretejungle

Adventurer
Moisture is a killer of tents and it's waterproofing. Even on high end North Face tents, if you put them away damp, the water proofing will begin to just peel away.

green73brc

Observer
Ill try toget pics later. This rtt hasnt even seen rain yet. We camped this weekend and i saw a Few spots but ran out of time for a good lookover. It is almost 2 years old. I dont expect it to last forever but longer than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior