CVT Hybrid Tent Leaking When Closed/Folded

Chuky

Our CVT Hybrid Rainier is leaking when closed. It seems to be on one non-hinge corner. Has anyone had and resolved this issue? Where was the leak? What did you use to seal it? There’s nothing obvious.

Frankly, this tent has been a real disappointment - we’ve had it three years and multiple items that are essential to functionality are unraveling, falling apart, rivets are popping, etc. CVT isn’t really willing to help - they just pointed me on the direction of some glue/sealer and said “good luck!”. They didn’t have any info on typical leak points.

We love our overland set up, and have done some nice family customization of our trailer. The tent is integral to this and we need to get it so that it can last a few more years at least. We can’t afford to replace it. Anyone have any tips?

Awkragt

Adventurer
Our Hybrid Rainier didn't leak but we also stored it in the garage. The hang of the fabric was never right and pooled water every-time it rained. It seems CVT has since discontinued or is selling it as an "Expedition" model at a huge discount.

Our CVT Hybrid Rainier is leaking when closed. It seems to be on one non-hinge corner. Has anyone had and resolved this issue? Where was the leak? What did you use to seal it? There’s nothing obvious.

Frankly, this tent has been a real disappointment - we’ve had it three years and multiple items that are essential to functionality are unraveling, falling apart, rivets are popping, etc. CVT isn’t really willing to help - they just pointed me on the direction of some glue/sealer and said “good luck!”. They didn’t have any info on typical leak points.

We love our overland set up, and have done some nice family customization of our trailer. The tent is integral to this and we need to get it so that it can last a few more years at least. We can’t afford to replace it. Anyone have any tips?

What ever came of this? Mine is leaking in the same area…

Awkragt

Adventurer
We sold ours and got an iKamper. The hybrid/expedition series was a lemon in my opinion. I came to realize that in the PNW you want a true hardshell.

CVT doesn't seem around anymore, just a few tents online. It got bought out and all the retail locations closed. Part of me wonders if the hybrid series caused it.

Reece04

Observer
I have the hybrid Denali, nearly 4k invested and exact same issues. I pulled it out for a trip about a year ago to find mold everywhere and spent days cleaning the canvas… the mattress gets soaked etc. it just pools water from somewhere. I could not find a leak but rather it seems I might be wicking water up from cover… not sure through. I hate this tent and honestly won’t ever buy a CVT product after this… I had two CVT tents prior and was so excited with this new setup, super disappointing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior